Topic category: Mod showcase and discussion
Do you want to know how to get started with RaolCraft Omega? Well, then this is the right place!
This page is a getting started guide of RaolCraft Omega. If you want to discuss about the mod, go here instead: https://mcreator.net/forum/40223/new-mods
Keep in mind I am never satisfied with names and I change them quite often (and even more often I forget them), so the names of the blocks, items, mobs and even the dimensions (lol) might be different from the actual names in the mod...
Before starting to play the mod, remember to download the Connected Textures Mod (https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ctm) or some structures might look weird...
Warning: this guide is very WIP and a lot of info is missing, so please wait a bit until it gets completed and reformatted.
This guide won't tell you the recipes (it will tell you just some). I recommended using Just Enough Items for a better understanding of recipes.
A long time ago, the world was all dark. But a day, something or someone made it colorful and the darkness was deleted.
But, after a few time, the Dark Emperor decided to make the world dark again. So started a war between the darkness and the other most powerful element, the light. Nobody won that war, and as result the world was split in 9 dimensions.
The legend says that the gems of the Overworld are connected to these dimensions by an unknown magical force, and that the one who explores the 8 dimensions and defeats the darkness will reach a new level of power and celebrated like a hero.
Will you be that hero?
While playing RaolCraft Omega you can find a lot of new ores. The first ores you should harvest are Lead, Copper, Tin and Zinc because they are used to make the Pulverizer and the Dust Smelter, two machines that I will explain soon. The one you'll need the most will be Lead, so be sure to harvest a lot of it.
Make the Pulverizer first. The Pulverizer is a machine used to pulverize stuff: it can turn wheat into flour, sandstone/red sandstone into 4 sand/red sand, stone into cobblestone, cobblestone into gravel, gravel into flint... To use it just put the item to pulverize in its input slot.
The main feature of the Pulverizer is to turn Ingots into Dusts. Why should you make dusts? If you are familiar with tech mods such as Thermal Expansion, dusts can be combined to make alloys. The first dust you need is the Zinc Dust, since it's used for making the Dust Smelter.
The Dust Smelter (also called "depulverizer" or "depulverizing smelter") is the opposite of the Pulverizer, it turns dusts into ingots (it won't turn flour into wheat, flint into gravel, gravel into cobblestone and cobblestone into stone, however. It only turns dusts into ingots).
You can start making some alloys: simply pulverize some ingots, combine them in a crafting grid and then depulverize them.
Here are the basic alloys:
- Bronze (1 copper dust + 1 tin dust): it's mainly used for decoration stuff, like the Pathmaker, but can also be used for making Bronze Tools, that are better than stone but worse than iron;
- Steel (3 iron dusts + 1 coal): at the moment it can only be used to craft the very-expensive Defense-Block;
- Cast Iron (1 iron dust + 1 coal): it can be used for a few things, the most important one being the Essence Pot;
- Brass (1 copper dust + 1 zinc dust): it has very few uses right now. One of these uses is the Recycler.
Remember when I said that the Pulverizer also turns Stone into Cobblestone (this isn't very useful), Cobblestone into Gravel and Gravel into Flint?
Well, if you have a lot of cobblestone (and you probably have), you can quickly turn that cobblestone into flint to make a lot of stacks of arrows!
This will require a lot of feathers, though, but that won't be a problem if you have a chicken farm (especially if you are using a mod that makes Chicken randomly drop feathers like Quark). (Obviously this will require sticks too, but, I mean, sticks aren't the rarest item ever.)
The Pulverizer can also be used to make Flour, that can be then smelt to make Bread or, if you have some Tomatoes, it can be used to make a Pizza! Pizza is a very good food but can has a stack limit of 16.
If you haven't had a diamond armor yet, you can craft a Lead Armor, which is a cheaper and less powerful version of the diamond armor. It provides more resistance than an Iron Armor but it's less durable.
If you want to know your coordinates without having to use F3, you can craft some coordinates indicators! They are crafted just like clocks or compasses, but by using copper, tin and bronze instead of iron and gold.
If you want to easily store your food, you can craft some Tin Cans. Just craft a Tin can, surround it by 7 food blocks and a food item and you'll get a Tin Can filled with food! Just right-click it to get the food back. Tin cans store exactly a stack of food. At the moment they can only store potatoes, carrots and tomatoes.
With a PathMaker you can make unlimited grasspath without consuming shovels. It can also be upgraded later.
You can also craft a Clothes Machine to create many different clothes! At the moment you can only make t-shirts. Just place the machine then right-click it with a t-shirt (crated with 8 strings) and then you can choose the t-shirt to make!
There also is the Recycler, which is a block that turns unused tools and armor into the great amount of nuggets of 3! Yes, it's not that great, but it's still better than vanilla smelting because it gives 3 nuggets rather than one and consumes no fuel. In the future it might give more nuggets when the item is less consumed. Bonus thing: shears and flint and steel can be turned into nuggets too (both in the Furnace and in the Recycler)!
Before going to the next chapter, let's explain what are Wands.
Wands are tools that help players in a lot of ways - by teleporting them, making them levitate, covering them with stone, making them stronger, etc. Most Wands consume Mana when used. All the Wands listed here consume Mana, unless specified otherwise.
The Basic Wand is used for crafting all the other Wands, and can be crafted by surrounding a Cave Root with Amber. The Cave Root can only be found when mining in the surface, while the Amber is very common but can only be found in very little groups. There are 6 varieties of Cave Roots (one for each type of wood), but it doesn't matter which one do you use to craft the Wand.
Here is a list of all the wands added in RaolCraft Omega:
- The Basic Wand: it's the only one that actually consumes nothing when used. It has only a few uses: activating Gravestones and teleporting to Ender Pearl Blocks. It's required for crafting all the other Wands.
- The Charging Wand: it can charge Gravestones and activate Water Reactors and Lava Fishing Pools.
- The Ender Wand: it can be used to teleport on blocks (if there is enough space). You can't teleport on bedrock (so you can't use it to pass through the top layer of bedrock in the Nether). Can be useful for traveling in the mountains or to quickly go upstairs in your house.
- The Water Wand: it can make some water. It can also be used to summon the Water Spirit King. Can be useful for quickly placing water without having to carry a filled bucket.
- The Lavic Wand: it can make some lava. It can also be used to summon the Fire Spirit King. Can be useful to damage mobs. It also makes lava renewable, but you can already obtain a lot of it in the Nether or in the Magma Forest.
- The Spectral Wand: it makes you invisible, hungry and fast like a ghost. It can also be used to summon the Spectral Emperor. Can be useful for running away from monsters.
- The Earth Wand: it makes a protective stone cover around you. It can also be used to summon the Terra Beast. It can be very useful in emergencies, especially against mobs who do ranged attacks.
- The Frozen Wand: it places a block of Ice. It can also be used to summon the Ice Ghost. Not sure how you could use it, maybe to build pillars without having to carry stacks of blocks XD
- The Flora Wand: it plants a Fire Flytrap, a plant that damages all the players and mobs that collide it and disappears after a while. It can also be used to summon the Flora Golem. Can be useful to damage mobs while you are in a safe zone recovering life.
- The Sky Wand: it makes you levitate for a bit. It can also be used to summon the Sky Magician. It's probably the best one, being useful for traveling, escaping, preventing death and more.
- The Light Wand: it does just place some very transparent light. Can be useful when building.
- The Poisonous Wand: it poisons you for a bit but also makes you stronger. The poison lasts longer than the strength. Can be useful if you have a Milk Bucket (or some Silver Apples from Hodge-Podge III).
- The Spider Wand: places a cobweb. Can be useful for making traps, especially when combined with the Flora Wand.
- The Blessing Wand: prevents some damage for some seconds (adds absorption effect to you). Can be useful when you have little life or when you know your opponent is going to strike a powerful attack on you.
- The Ghostly Wand: a ranged Wand that can be used to make little damage to enemies or to make a Soul Orb, a block that slows down players or mobs that collide it and does a little explosion after a few time.
- The Tetraelemental Wand: it can consume up to 4 Mana (based on how much you have) to do various effect: make you fly, lit some fire around you, place some stone around you and some water under you. If you don't have enough Mana, it will only work partially.
- The Nightmare Wand: it summons a mob that should be kept away from villagers. Just discover it by yourself.
- The Illusion Wand: a ranged Wand that consumes Nightmare Dust rather than Mana. It's similar to the Ghostly Wand but its Orb is a bit different.
Wands consume Mana. You can find Mana in some structures, you can craft it (glowstone dust + lapis lazuli + silver dust) or you can craft a Mana Generator.
The Mana Generator is a block that generates Mana from nothing. It generates Mana at an extremely slow speed, so I recommend making a lot of them.
If you open the Mana Generator's GUI, you can see it has 2 slots: the first slot is where Mana is generated (and since it can hold only 64 Mana I recommend placing an hopper and a chest under the Mana Generator) and the second slot is the Augment Slot. If you place a Mana Crystal in this slot, it will speed up the Mana Generator (and the Mana Generator won't be consumed); however, for obtaining a Mana Crystal you need to defeat the boss of the Ice Dimension, so now let's just go to the next chapter.
The Water Dephts
Your next step is the dimension "Water Depths" (but friends call it "water dimension").
This dimension used to be a big commercial city, but it was submerged by a great tsunami caused by the Dark Emperor. Its inhabitants became Spirits and when the Original World was divided in dimensions, everything here became water-elemental, including the dimension itself.
The gem connected to this dimension is the Sapphire, so mine it when you find it.
If you haven't defeated the Enderdragon yet, you won't be able to go to the Water Dimension, because you'll need some Chorus Fruit for crafting.
For making the portal to this dimension, you'll need some Water Bricks, that can be crafted with some Prismarine Bricks (so you'll need to go to the Ocean Monument to find some if you haven't yet) and a lot of Water Essences.
So, how do you get these Water Essences? Put 7 Cast Iron Ingots in a Cauldron-like shape and you have an Essence Pot!
Now craft about 14 (or 10, depending if you want to make the corners of the portal too) Sprout Amber (surround Amber with 8 Chorus Fruit), place your Essence Pot and right-click it with a Sprout Amber in your hand!
The Sprout Amber will be consumed and your Essence Pot will be filled with a green liquid. Now right-click the Essence Pot with a Water Bucket and you'll get 8 Water Essences! (The water in the bucket will be consumed and the liquid in the Essence Pot too).
Repeat the process until you have 112 (or 80, again, depending if you want to make the corners of the portal too) Water Essences. Believe me, they aren't too many (you just need a lot of Chorus Fruits).
Now that you have all these Water Essences and you built the portal, you need an igniter for opening it. The igniter is the Scepter of the Water Depths (see the recipe in JEI). Now right-click the portal with the igniter and go through it.
You'll find yourself in a dimension filled with water, Hydrostone and Water Ore. Make sure you have a diamond pickaxe, or you won't be able to mine Water Ore. Water Ore can then be smelt to make Water Ingots.
In this dimension you can also find some mobs:
- The Water Spirit, an hostile melee fighter that uses a Spectral Sword. Drops Spectral Dust and, rarely, Sapphires. It is immune to fall damage;
- The Water Archer Spirit, a Water Spirit who learnt how to use a Spectral Bow. Drops Spectral Dust, Arrows and, rarely, Sapphires;
- The Coralmite, an hostile mob that spawns in large groups;
- The Coral Spider, an hostile spider that does ranged attacks. When killed it can make a Coral Spider's Cobweb and can spawn a Coralmite. Drops Coral Spider's Silk, a material that can be used to make some utilities, like the Spider Wand.
- The Guardian
- The Enderman
In this dimension you can also find Royal Coral reefs (which are completely useless right now).
When you have a few Water Ingots, make some Pure Water Essence and a Water Wand. You can use the Water Wand for making water without having to take a bucket, but it's also used to summon the Water Spirit King.
But how to summon the Water Spirit King?
Craft a Gravestone. A Gravestone is a block used for summoning Zombies: right-click it with a Basic Wand in hand and you will summon one.
But it isn't its main use: if you right-click it with a Charging Wand in your hand, it will turn itself into a Charged Gravestone. Right-click this Charged Gravestone with the Water Wand in your hand and you will finally summon the Water Spirit King, the boss of this dimension.
I recommend summoning the Water Spirit King in a place far from your house. He can destroy blocks in his path and summon a few aquatic mobs and also some weak explosive clones, so be prepared. It won't be too hard, though.
By killing the Water Spirit King, you'll get a few items:
- The Spectral Sapphire, an item used in some water-related crafting. It won't be consumed when used for crafting;
- A Fragment of Totem of Water Breathing that can be used to craft the Totem of Water Breathing, a rare item that applies Water Breathing to the player when held in hand. You need 9 fragments for making a totem, that means that you need to fight the Water Spirit King 9 times. Making the totem is optional, so, if you want, you can just directly go to the Magma Forest;
- The Water Spirit King's Crown, an aeshetic item that can be equipped;
- Some Royal Souls. You will use them in some crafting recipes.
You can now craft a Coral Bow, a powerful weapon (even too powerful, because of a bug that will be fixed in the next update).
You can also use some Royal Souls to create a Blessing Wand. This wand prevents some damage for some seconds (it adds absorption effect to you).
If you want, you can even make a Water Reactor. It's a multiblock structure that when right-clicked with a Charging Wand in the hand, gives you 32 sponges and summons some Guardians. Here is an image showing how can you build it:
What will you do with all these sponges? You can craft some Clear Glass, which is like a chiseled version of the glass.
The Magma Forest
Now let's go to the next dimension, the Magma Forest (also known as the Fire/Lavic Dimension). This is a fire-elemental dimension, and the gem connected to it is the Ruby.
Before the war, this place was the most lively forest of the Original World. It unfortunately also was the first place to get destroyed by the Dark Emperor. He burnt it and nobody could stop the fire. When the world was divided into dimensions, this became the fire-elemental dimension. It is said that the fire never stopped burning and still grieves this place.
Anyway, do you remember the Essence Pot? Fill it with a Sprout Amber again, but now right-click it with a lava bucket in your hand instead of a water bucket. You will get 8 Fire Essences.
Now use them to make a portal of Fire Bricks. Right-click the portal with a Scepter of the Magma Forest and you can finally go to there.
In the Magma Forest, you can find Hot Netherrack, Lavic Ore, Firestone (a block that you can't mine yet) and a few mobs:
- The Fire Spirit, a mob like the Water Spirit that drops Rubies instead of Sapphires;
- The Fire Archer Spirit, I think you guessed what does it do;
- The Magmazombie, a variant of Zombie that spawns in the Magma Forest;
- The Enderman
You can also find some Fiery Trees (the log is Umbrawood and the leaves are Fiery Leaves).
Now that you are in the Magma Forest you should start breaking a few Hot Netherrack (the main block found in this dimension).
Hot Netherrack is used for a few things (including some decorative blocks) and one of these is the Infernal Furnace.
The Infernal Furnace is a block that "smelts" stuff that is already at an high temperature (you can say it "awakens the true fire power of lavic items"). At the moment the Infernal Furnace can only "smelt" an item (previously it was used to smelt Heatfish too): Lavic Ore.
The Infernal Furnace consumes 1 Hot Coal per item smelt (For crafting Hot Coal surround Coal with Hot Netherrack).
Mine some Lavic Ore and smelt it using your Infernal Furnace. Now you have Lavic Ingots. You can use them to create powerful Lava Tools, which are more efficient and powerful than the Diamond ones. However, they still have the same harvest level (3) so they can't break any new block diamond tools weren't able to. The best thing about these tools is that Lavic Ore is very common so don't care if you lose them! You can't make armor with them, though.
Now, make some Pure Lavic Essence and a Lavic Wand.
If you want, you can also place a Hot Brick, place Hot Netherrack on it, horizontally surround the Hot Netherrack with Hot Bricks and right-click it with a Charging Wand in hand: this way you will turn that block into a Lava Fishing Pool, where you can fish with an Obsidian Fishing Rod.
By fishing into lava pools, you can get Rotten Fish and Heatfish. If you try to eat Heatfish, it will damage you. You will be able to make it edible when you will go to the Eternal Cold dimension.
Note: while lava-fishing, your Obsidian Fishing Rod may randomly istantly break and/or the Lava Pool may turn into lava. Also, breaking one of the 5 Hot Bricks surrounding the Lava Fishing Pool will instantly break the Lava Fishing Pool.
When you are ready, right-click with the Lavic Wand in hand a Charged Gravestone and fight the Fire Spirit King.
The Fire Spirit King can be pretty hard to deal with if you leave him alone for a bit. That's because he constantly summons monsters (Fire Spirits, Fire Archer Spirits and occasionally Creepers). He also has a lot of life, so good luck.
When killing the Fire Spirit King he will drop some rewards:
- The Spectral Ruby: just like the Spectral Sapphire is used for water-related things, the Spectral Ruby is used for fire-related things. It also stays in the crafting grid after using it;
- A Fragment of Totem of Fire Resistance that can be used to make a Totem of Fire Resistance, that (as you can guess by its name) gives you Fire Resistance when held in hand;
- The Fire Spirit King's Crown, an item that can be equipped and is purely aestethic;
- A few Royal Souls.
The Crystallized Spirits Ruins
Now that you defeated the Water and Fire Spirit Kings, it's time to fight the prime spirit: the Spectral Emperor.
To fight him, you have to go to the "Cristallized Spirits Ruins" a dimension also known as the Spectral Dimension.
This dimension was the last place to get destroyed by the Dark Emperor. It was the capital of the world, where the Emperor lived. During the war, the Dark Emperor killed the former Emperor and trapped him in a mysterious space using a Spectral Amethyst. He became the new Emperor but he reigned so violently that people quickly rebelled to him. He decided to turn them into crystals, confine them into a different dimension and build a new home in the remaking part of the Original World with his remaining loyal servants. Now this place is the Spectral Dimension and is only inhabited by the Spirits who managed to not get turned into crystals.
To get there, build a portal of Spectral Bricks and right-click it with the Scepter of the Crystallized Spirits Ruins and go though it.
This dimension in mainly made of Spectral Stone, Soul Crystal Ore, Unearthly Marble and Ghoststone (you can't mine it yet because it has an harvest level of 4).
In this dimension there also are some mobs (some of them only spawn in dungeons and structures):
- The Royal Spirit, a stronger Spirit;
- The Defender Spirit, a Spirit with a shield;
- The Wizard Spirit, a Spirit that does ranged attacks;
- The Spectral Beast, a little blue monster;
- The Spirit
- The Ghast
- The Enderman
You can mine Soul Crystal Ore to get a Soul Crystal. Soul Crystals are very useful items: you can use them for making a lot of decorative blocks, a few stuff and the Spectral Wand.
The Spectral Wand is an item that consumes the Mana to make you fast at moving and at mining, invisible and hungry like a ghost. It will also provide some nausea.
You can also use the Spectral Wand on a Charged Gravestone to summon the Spectral Emperor.
The Spectral Emperor was the former Emperor who got trapped in a Spectral Amethyst by the Dark Emperor.
The Spectral Emperor is a lot stronger than the Fire and Water Spirit Kings. When summoned, he is blue and will explode after a few seconds. The explosion will be huge. Then he will gain a Shield and some Elytras.
While fighting him, he will occasionally summon Ghast, Spirits and Vexes. He does ranged attacks and has a lot of life, so be prepared!
When killing the Spectral Emperor, you will free his spirit and get these drops:
- The Spectral Amethyst, an item that can be used for a few things and stays in the crafting grid when used;
- A Fragment of Totem of Invisibility. Combine 9 Fragments and you will get a totem that will grant you invisibility when held in hand (obviously);
- The Spectral Emperor's Crown, that, like the other crowns, is just decorative;
- A few Royal Souls.
While fighting the Spectral Emperor, he can also drop some Spectral Eyes, that can be used to make a Ghostly Wand.
The Ghostly Wand is a ranged item that consumes Mana. It does little damage to mobs/players, but it can make a Soul Orb (also called Soul Trap) that slows down players and mobs that collide it and explodes after a while. The explosion is very little.
If you want, you can make an Advanced Brewing Stand, a block that can be used to make some advanced potions.
To use it, fuel it with Spectral Powder. Then put an empty bottle in the potion slot and and ingredient in the ingredient slot. This way you can make a basic potion that can be used to make the proper potions.
You can use 3 ingredients to make 3 different potions: Amber, Soul Crystal and Mana. Each one of these will give you a different potion, but only one of them is the right one, the others are useless (I won't tell you what is the right one, you'll need to discover it by yourself - and, to be honest, I don't even remember XD).
At the moment you can make these potions (remember to fuel the Advanced Brewing Stand with Spectral Powder and to use the right base potion):
Frog Leg - > Potion of Saturation
Glowshroom - > Potion of Glowing
Soul Soil Dust - > Potion of Resistance
To find the Frog Leg you'll need to kill some Frogs, that can be found on rivers and swamps (The fact that you need Frogs to make a Potion of Saturation makes sense because in real life Frogs can stay a lot of time without eating. It doesn't make much sense that you need the leg of a frog for making a potion that makes you invulnerable to hunger but I will fix that in an update).
To find the Glowshroom you'll need to go to the Glowshroom Forest, that is a rare biome. Keep in mind that unlike the Mushroom Island, monsters do spawn here! I might describe "bonus" features such as the Glowshroom Forest in a separate topic or in some bonus chapters.
To find the Soul Soil Dust you'll need to go to the Soil Soil Dimension. Luckily for you, this is the next dimension!
There is a special weapon hidden in a maze in the Spectral Dimension. It is the Slowing Stick, an item that slows down any mob or player hit with it.
There also is another bonus item hidden in a structure. It's the Trapped Crystal Golem. This item will summon a Crystal Golem that will help you fighting all kinds of Spirits (except the bosses). It can follow you if you hold a Spectral Amethyst in hand.
Explore all the structures in the Spectral Dimension until you find them :).
The Soil Soul
The next dimension is the Soul Soil dimension, also called Earth dimension.
This place was reduced in this state by an earthquake made by the Dark Emperor to defeat the rebels (the same earthquake that caused the tsunami in the water dimension). Right now, this dimension is only inhabited by undead miners (during the war, some avaricious people realized the potential of the mines here and started collecting precious stones there, until they became zombies for some mysterious events).
To go here, you have to build a portal of Earth Bricks and trigger it with a Scepter of the Soul Soil.
This dimension is like a cave made of Earthstone, where Ancient Iron, Megadiamond and Superior Amber ores are found. You can't mine Superior Amber Ore yet.
These mobs spawn here:
- The Terra Turtle, a mob that can dig little tunnels through the Earthstone;
- The Skelesect, a melee undead mob;
- The Zombie of the Soul Soil, just a regular boring zombie with a pickaxe;
- The Enderman
It is quite dark here, so I suggest you to bring a lot of torches and potions of Night Vision.
You can use Ancient Iron Dust to craft some Soul Soil Dust. This item is mainly used to brew the Potion of Resistance in the Advanced Brewing Stand and to craft the Earth Wand. This wand can consume Mana to make a protective stone cover around you and can also be used to summon the Terra Beast (the boss of this dimension), but that will be explained soon.
You can also use Ancient Iron Ingots to craft a Refinery. This block turns items into their refined versions while consuming another item. Here are the recipes:
Megadiamond + Block of Diamond = Refined Megadiamond
Poison Pearl + Block of Poisonous Shards = Refined Poison Pearl
Poison Pearls are items obtained by killing Poisonous Summoners in the Poisonous Forest, a biome found in the Overworld. These are other "bonus" features that might be described in a extra chapter/topic.
You can use Refined Megadiamonds to craft a Earth Altar. Place the Earth Altar on a pillar made of 2 Earth Bricks, then right-click it with a Earth Wand in hand (while having Mana in inventory) and the earth boss, the Terra Beast, will be summoned.
When killed, the Terra Beast drops these items on the ground:
- The Earth Heart, the trophy item need to go to the next dimension;
- A Fragment of Earth Totem, used to craft a totem that prevents suffocation caused by sand, gravel, etc.
The Eternal Cold
Please ignore the minimap, I forgot to press F1 while catching the screenshot and I will soon make another one.
This is the coolest dimension. Literally, you freeze there!
Its portal is made using Frostbricks and can be opened using a Scepter of the Eternal Cold.
This dimension is made of Icestone, but you can also find Icw Cobblestone, Glacial Metal Ore and a new liquid, the Freezing Water.
Icestone is just the main block of this dimension. When broken, it gives Ice Cobblestone (unless it is broken with a Silk Touch enchanted pickaxe). The Freezing Water is a liquid which slowns mobs down. The Glacial Metal ore will be explained later.
These mobs can be found in this dimension:
- The Yeti Zombie, a neutral melee monster that drops leather
- The Ice Ectoplasm, an hostile melee monster which drops a Frozen Star
- The Snow Chicken, a passive mob that is similar to a Chicken but also sometimes lays snowballs
Yeti Zombies can also be found in a festive variant. Winter Yeti Zombies (this is their name when they have a Santa's hat) also drop a Mysterious Box, which can be opened to get a random gift.
Ice Ectoplasms drop a Frozen Star about 30% of the times. Keep in mind that Ectoplasms and Ghosts are not considered Spirits so they drop no Spectral Dust an aren't attacked by the Crystal Golem.
In this dimension you can also find a structure, the Ice Fortress.
Anyway, now that you know what can be found in the dimension, let's see what you can actually do with its materials.
Glacial Metal Ore is so cold that it needs to be smelt twice. After smelting and smelting them again you will get some Glacial Metal Ingots. You can use them to create a Freezing Machine.
The Freezing Machine can be used to freeze things, however it consumes Ice Essence to work. Where can you get it?
Do you remember the Essence Pot? Well, go to that old dusty room where you placed it, fill it with Sprout Amber as usual then right-click it with a Glacial Metal Ingot in hand. You will get 2 Ice Essences.
Anyway, the Freezing Machine can be used to do a few things (including turning the Glacial Metal Ore which was already smelt into a fresh new Glacial Metal Ore ready to be smelt twice. I don't know why would you do this actually), but its most important uses probably are turning Ice into Packed Ice and a Basic Wand into an Ice Wand. It also makes Heatfish edible with no bad side effects.
It can also be used to freeze Water Essence. Doing so will still consume an Ice Essence, but you will get 2 of them as result (so basically you can turn Water Essences into Ice Essences if you have at least one Ice Essence).
The Ice Wand can be used to place some Ice (tell me if you find anything useful with this feature) or to summon the boss of this dimension, the Ice Ghost.
To summon him, you'll have to craft a lce Altar using some Frozen Stars, place it on 2 Ice Bricks (not the Frostbricks, but the Ice Bricks) and right-click it with an Ice Wand in hand.
The Ice Ghost is a fast and powerful melee monster that, fortunately for you, doesn't have many special abilities yet.
When killed he drops a Mana Crystal and a Fragment of Totem of Ice Affinity. And a lot of Snowballs.
The Mana Crystal is the trophy item needed to go to the next dimension, but it also has a special use: you can store it in a Mana Generator to speed it up a lot. The Mana Crystal won't be consumed and you will be able to get it back whenever you want, it's just stored in a slot. This means that fighting this boss again is useful if you want more Mana faster.
The Fragments of Totem of Ice Affinity can be combined in the usual way to create a Totem of Ice Affinity. This Totem makes you swim faster in Freezing Water and also prevents the Freeze effect (you can't get this effect in survival yet so this Totem is quite useless right now).
The next dimension is the Flora dimension. Like the name says, this dimension is filled with plants, from flowers to walking trees!