Based on the results of our first survey on the commercial version of MCreator, we decided to make another one, this time with more specific questions.
We believe that the community is the one that should help us shape the future. MCreator, as is, would stay free, but we would offer a commercial version too, just to clear this up first :) And we won't limit free version in any way that would limit the possibilities of mod making itself and we wouldn't nerf existing features of MCreator.
Each answer will help us decide on how to shape the future of MCreator better
Based on your responses on the first survey, we have decided to make an estimate of how our commercial/paid version would look like. Our current planned features of paid version are (of course they are subject to change based on your recommendations in the survey):
Planned features for a paid version
- Commercial usage license for exported mods (mods can be used in commercial purposes such as adf.ly links, ads and selling them or using on commercial servers)
- Option to export debranded mods (without "Made with MCreator" in the mod description and links to the website)
- Option for collaborative work in groups with version control
- Possible option to become part of a beta testing program
- A shorter delay between opening two tickets on our issue tracker
- Option to disable ads on the website
- More disk space for mod page files
- Profile badge
Why an annual subscription model?
Our current idea is to go with the annual subscription model. This is because many of these features such require us to host additional servers to make these work. It would not be possible to make this without a subscription model as we can't afford to host these servers indefinitely without at least annual income from the users who use these services. The same goes with more disk space and extended support for such users.
We are looking forward to the results of the survey as we see a paid version of MCreator as an option to get more resources to hire more developers and dedicate more existing development time for MCreator. This way we can fix bugs faster and add more new features.
And stay tuned for next MCreator release, as we have something very big ready for you and we are leaving hints already ;)