MCreator survey - PRO version of MCreator

Published by Klemen on Sun, 05/05/2019 - 15:50
MCreator Survey - Paid version of MCreator

Based on the results of our first survey on the PRO version of MCreator, we decided to make another one, this time with more specific questions.

We believe that the community is the one that should help us shape the future. MCreator, as is, would stay free, but we would offer a PRO version too, just to clear this up first :) And we won't limit free version in any way that would limit the possibilities of mod making itself and we wouldn't nerf existing features of MCreator.

Click here to answer the survey

Each answer will help us decide on how to shape the future of MCreator better

Based on your responses on the first survey, we have decided to make an estimate of how our PRO version would look like. Our current planned features of paid version are (of course they are subject to change based on your recommendations in the survey):

Planned features for a paid version

MCreator software:

• Option to release mods under a custom license
  • Option to export debranded mods (without "Made with MCreator" in the mod description and links to the website)
  • Option for collaborative work in groups with version control
  • Possible option to become part of a beta testing program

MCreator website:

• A shorter delay between opening two tickets on our issue tracker
  • Option to disable ads on the website
  • More disk space for mod page files
  • Profile badge

Why an annual subscription model?

Our current idea is to go with the annual subscription model. This is because many of these features such require us to host additional servers to make these work. It would not be possible to make this without a subscription model as we can't afford to host these servers indefinitely without at least annual income from the users who use these services. The same goes with more disk space and extended support for such users.

We are looking forward to the results of the survey as we see a paid version of MCreator as an option to get more resources to hire more developers and dedicate more existing development time for MCreator. This way we can fix bugs faster and add more new features.

And stay tuned for next MCreator release, as we have something very big ready for you and we are leaving hints already ;)

Comments

I don't really like the idea of making " VIPs " but this is your choice ( note that I won't respect those who will buy paid version more than the others)

Submitted by tazzan on Sun, 05/19/2019 - 20:53

In my opinion, the free version should have all of the features of the paid version (like developer chat), except for the de-branding and commercial license itself. This would make it so the more casual mod creators can have a better experience, while the more dedicated ones can make a profit off of their work.

And maybe paid version should have more options like create stairs, slabs, doors, ladders, custom portal shapes and more great things?

Submitted by Andy_Sa on Mon, 05/20/2019 - 19:48

i personaly wouldnt buy it but if people want to commericaly there mods then i say its good to make a paid one

Submitted by KJKool on Mon, 05/20/2019 - 20:11

Can you make some of these features on the free version? otherwise i'll DEFINETLY pay!

Submitted by TDP on Tue, 05/21/2019 - 18:22

That sounds good, but can you make mcreator for minecraft 1.13 ?

I can't buy it :'c
I'm not in an good ¿economical site? to buy it... basically i'm poor xd
I would like to buy it to help you but i can't :(
I hope that you will grow with this :D
Sorry for my english, I'm not very good speaking this.

Submitted by wadihw on Wed, 05/22/2019 - 00:59

Sounds good but can you guys make a easier way to make LuckyBlocks please

If the Paid Version will allow me to get rid of watermarks and allow me and my team to work on our mods, I will gladly buy it, as long as it costs less than $100 a year

Submitted by _JOKRA_ on Thu, 05/23/2019 - 17:58

This sounds so good! Whe are you thinking it will be realesed?

Submitted by thebebist on Sat, 05/25/2019 - 07:44

It would be nice if you made two paid versions of mcreator, one where you only pay once and dont get the chat E.T.C and one version where you pay every month or so and get those feutures

Submitted by bonin888 on Sun, 05/26/2019 - 19:27

I hope it's not ridiculously expensive. When I mean expensive, I mean, if it's not a professional version of MCreator, and the Pro features are in few numbers and not very big, it should be cheap, like an App Store app (not 1, but at least 5-10).
Also, I suggest the paid version be called "MCreator for Commercial Purposes". Anyone agree? :)