MCreator survey - PRO version of MCreator

Published by Klemen on Sun, 05/05/2019 - 15:50
MCreator Survey - Paid version of MCreator

Based on the results of our first survey on the PRO version of MCreator, we decided to make another one, this time with more specific questions.

We believe that the community is the one that should help us shape the future. MCreator, as is, would stay free, but we would offer a PRO version too, just to clear this up first :) And we won't limit free version in any way that would limit the possibilities of mod making itself and we wouldn't nerf existing features of MCreator.

Click here to answer the survey

Each answer will help us decide on how to shape the future of MCreator better

Based on your responses on the first survey, we have decided to make an estimate of how our PRO version would look like. Our current planned features of paid version are (of course they are subject to change based on your recommendations in the survey):

Planned features for a paid version

MCreator software:

• Option to release mods under a custom license
  • Option to export debranded mods (without "Made with MCreator" in the mod description and links to the website)
  • Option for collaborative work in groups with version control
  • Possible option to become part of a beta testing program

MCreator website:

• A shorter delay between opening two tickets on our issue tracker
  • Option to disable ads on the website
  • More disk space for mod page files
  • Profile badge

Why an annual subscription model?

Our current idea is to go with the annual subscription model. This is because many of these features such require us to host additional servers to make these work. It would not be possible to make this without a subscription model as we can't afford to host these servers indefinitely without at least annual income from the users who use these services. The same goes with more disk space and extended support for such users.

We are looking forward to the results of the survey as we see a paid version of MCreator as an option to get more resources to hire more developers and dedicate more existing development time for MCreator. This way we can fix bugs faster and add more new features.

And stay tuned for next MCreator release, as we have something very big ready for you and we are leaving hints already ;)

Comments

Submitted by znaxcy on Sat, 06/22/2019 - 09:31

This is a great idea. I like the idea of buying a license to be able to distribute mods made with MCreator via ad.fly, etc.
I do worry that if my subscription would end, my license to distribute for compensation would end. Will the licenses require a subscription?

I wonder if devs would consider creating a single-purchase commercial version that wouldn't include multi-user support or any of the chat, collaborative work or server-based services for those that don't need them and don't work on mods often enough to want to be paying a subscription service. Is this possible?

Mods exported at the time of having a license would have this license, but updates exported after the license expires would not have it.

We are considering making a single-purchase license variant too, but we are not definite on this yet.

Klemen! I know the new version is almost done, but is there currently a option to use items or biomes etc. from other mods like biomes o plenty? So that I could let my mob or animal spawn also in a mod biom if it's installed?

From my point of view as an "ok" programmer, it would be hard to do if the mod wasnt made with mcreator, and even that wouldnt be too easy at all... from my point of view ot would require turning the mod you want compatability with into an mcr file compatible with mcreator, and I have no idea how they would do that...

As far as I know, in some Minercaft versions you can see the biome name if you press f3. Like minecraft:desert . I know mcreator also uses this string somehow but i don't know which minecraft version it was. However is there a other way to see the biome name ? Then I could add something like biomesoplenty:forest or whatever in my mcreator code. And is there a way to check if a mod is installed?

You can check if the mod is installed by listing its modid in the dependencies list in Advanced section of Workspace settings. We plan to add support to reference external mod elements using resource pointers in the future updates.

Submitted by AirHawke on Fri, 07/12/2019 - 05:19

Have the server hosting as add-ons and the paid version just have some of the features such as the watermark removal and beta testing

Submitted by 3moons on Thu, 07/18/2019 - 20:23

I think it would also open the door for more questions being answered with the ability to work with in a team.

I would think that a good way to do this is to allow people to use new features early if they bought it.

Submitted by RedEnd on Fri, 08/02/2019 - 00:58

Something that's been missing from the original that I would like to see added, especially if you're going to be doing a paid version, is the ability to edit existing mobs, entities, items, etc. that are in the vanilla minecraft. If that was possible I would fully support something like this.

Submitted by NavaRayUK on Wed, 08/07/2019 - 17:24

Sadly I wont buy in to any annual software again de-banding and option to host on a server what might have other payment options is all I wanted and i not been locked in to annual system, after our talks I felt you was going to at lest have a option for just de-branding I not paying for more mod space on your host, a batch and options for ads I don't care for all this, and I not going to be trapped in to a annual subscription for this.

Please add two options