User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
How do I make animals breedable and other questions
Thu, 06/11/2015 - 11:04 (edited)

Hi, Ive started making a mod with some new animals in, along with some decor blocks.

1) Ive made a few animals that work just fine, ive put the AI as the relevent animal, eg cow, but they dont breed like normal cows do. is there something in the AI I need to add? I cant find anything online about breeding mobs, as all the tutorials are for non animal mobs. I need to be able to breed them, as its half the point of the mod, is to be able to build a farm with different breeds of animals, like cows and pigs etc, and not being able to breed them kinda spoils it.

2) Stairs dont work, ive tried several ways of making them, even making my own model, and they just bug out, with one floating square in a corner.

3) Gates also dont work, I can get it to look right, but it doesnt function as a gate, even though ive selected gate in the options.

4) How do i get block texture to work in more than one direction? ive made some new decorative blocks for roofing etc but they only go down in one direction, It looks pretty crappy if you built something facing the other way.

5) Chickens windmill their wings all the time, how do I stop them doing it?

6) is it not possible to make sheep in mcreator? the option isnt there for sheep in the model list.

Sorry for all the questions, I expect there will be more in the future, but these are the most pressing ones right now. If anyone knows the answer to any of these, then please let me know, as its getting a little frustrating and I cant find the answeres elsewhere.

Thanks

Edited by Faenum on Thu, 06/11/2015 - 11:04
Last seen on 15:10, 12. Jun 2015
Joined Jun 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Anser to question 6They just
Thu, 06/11/2015 - 15:48

Anser to question 6
They just havent added the model for sheep in Mcreator yet. If you want to make sheep you can use techne to create a model for it (if you know how to use techne) and import it in that same mob texture screen.

Last seen on 20:28, 5. Nov 2017
Joined Jun 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
RE:Anser to question 6They just
Tue, 06/23/2015 - 20:14

For question 5 about the chickens do you mean they move their wings around in circles instead of up and down? Did you use a custom model or the original chicken model? My guess would be that the rotation point of the wings is wrong.

Last seen on 16:11, 28. Feb 2016
Joined Jun 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Thanks for the reply
Wed, 06/24/2015 - 12:15

Thanks for the reply

Ive used the chicken model that came with mc creator. their wings just go round and round constantly like they should be flapping but wrong. I dont know how to change the rotation points for something like that, i guess its just a bug in the code when it was written and should be fixed eventualy

Last seen on 15:42, 13. Jun 2016
Joined Jun 2016
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Answer to Q.1 set the AI to
Sat, 06/11/2016 - 14:08

Answer to Q.1 set the AI to villager and they may breed at least thats what I heard