Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Help! Costum Model JSON/obj
Tue, 02/09/2016 - 20:32 (edited)

Hi all guys!

I'm trying to create some tools and weapons with a costum model, but I'm finding several difficulties...

First of all: I'm using BDCraft Cubik Pro. I simply Import in this program my "hand-made" texture of a weapon, I edit some values to make the model looks "better" (for exaple bigger), I set verything as I want this weapon have to look, and I export it as a JSON file (I tried even exporting it as "JSON + texture", but nothing changes in the end).

So, I open MCreator; new mod; tool; as tool texture I tried to use both, my original texture and the texture exported by Cubik (nothing changes); I select "costum" in model; I select JSON and select the JSON file. Then, a small window opens and it asks me to select a texture. So I click on the "empty texture square". It opens the "texture window" and it's empty, so i press the "import texture" botton, I select my texture for this weapon (I tried both texture), but it does not show in that window (I tried everything, like changing texture name, dimensions etc, but it still does not show in that window). So i press "cancel", but it seems that the model has been succesfully imported. So I continue with all the wanted settings and recompile.

Everything's ok but when I open minecraft (obviously through MCreator), I see that my weapon has the "black/purple" texture, and it's not the model I've setted (it's not even the common minecraft model, neither in the Inventory).

So I tried exporting it as a .obj file and importing it in MCreator (obj only, because with Cubik, I can't export material files). I set everything as I want to, open minecraft and... my weapons has a white texture and it's... really really big... and rotated.

So, I need a expert help. If you know what I'm doing wrong, easy to solve. Otherwise, if it's impossible to do this thing as I'm doing it, please tell me how can I obtain the same result in other ways (for exaple using blender or edit the source). If it's a bug... peace :|

Thx

P.S.: the texture I'm using it's 64x64, because I like to have my texture with some details (come on 16x16 it's really too low!), and without using costum models, I naver had problems with it

Edited by Kane on Tue, 02/09/2016 - 20:32
Last seen on 04:23, 3. Sep 2018
Joined Jul 2017
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
You could try using…
Thu, 05/10/2018 - 08:51

You could try using Crayfishes model creator. If you still have problems with that reply. Because I have had multiple problems but fixed them easily