User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Making a door And armour problem.
Mon, 02/15/2016 - 16:13 (edited)

Hello, I am kind of new to the whole MCreator, I have managed to make a few small time mods, my next project was making a door, but how do I go about making the door function, like open and close? And even being able to place the door as it dosen't let me place it either, So how would I manage to create a working door?

Also I recently made some custom armour and well, I set the stats to be just better than Diamond not much stat difference but the problem is when I go into survival mode with the full set of armour when I get hit I take no damage at all and was wondering why that is?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by AphexCCFC on Mon, 02/15/2016 - 16:13
Last seen on 02:37, 9. Apr 2017
Joined Jun 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
I'm not sure myself on how to
Mon, 02/15/2016 - 19:09

I'm not sure myself on how to fix the door problem, but the armor is because you set the damage resistance too high. Knock it down a bit.

Last seen on 13:27, 22. Apr 2017
Joined Jun 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
RE:I'm not sure myself on how to
Mon, 02/15/2016 - 21:39

Functioning doors are a tricky one, I've also been trying to figure that one out but so far I've managed to brute force it.

It's possible at least in the 1.7.10 version to create a block that has the same dimentions as a door in techne, i.e. two blocks tall and thin. 

Now if you create that with the vague same dimentions as a door when creating the block, so the x, y and z mesh in game also matches it, you will then have a door. The hard part is getting it to actually open when you right click it.

For this I created another block but rotated it from the original position in techne. 

So, I added that block as well but named it OpenDoor, got the collison mesh working as it should yadda yadda.

In short you need to rig it so everytime a player right clicks it it then loops to the altered rotation state if that makes sense.

I mean there's a lot of bugs I've left out in this example but it's been a while since I've been on 1.7.10.

But I hope that sort of gives you an idea as to how it could work.

- DD