Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Custom Armour Issue? [Help required]
Sat, 02/27/2016 - 17:03

Hey there,

Out of curiosity is there anyone on these forums which might be able to solve a mystery I've found myself staring at for the best part of 3 hours?

As you might be aware Mcreator supports the creation of armour, while the in-house method of creating armour seems limited to colour alterations to the three already present presets (leather, iron, chainmail) I was wondering if anyone knew the a way to create completely custom armour textures?

I have previously seen a method which involves just renaming the end of the two layer files as '_layer_1' or '_layer_2' respectively. 

While this method allows the creator to recognise the layer's existence, when it comes to activating the launcher once it's been added the minecraft client refuses to open.

I suspected it might be file size but the textures I wish to add are actually smaller then the default options, and once the armour is removed the game opens as per usual.

So if anyone has a magical solution to this issue it would be very much appreciated.

[NB: Using Mcreator 1.6.5, however this issue was also present in 1.6.2]

Regards, 

DD

Last seen on 07:08, 7. Mar 2017
Joined Nov 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Incorrect armor size problem?
Wed, 03/02/2016 - 19:07

Incorrect armor size problem?

If the layer_1/layer_2 png dimensions are too small or big minecraft may not be able to read them properly. You need the _layer_1/_layer_2 png to be 64x32 pixel armour texture, once you have that you can use it as a template by opening it up with photoshop or anyother image editor and copy/paste/rearrange you custom texture how you want.

There are a few ways to get a correct sized armor texture png:

1) Find an armor texture online, of course... 

or...

2) If you have a resouce pack that has custom armor textures, go into your resouce pack folder, find the file named "armor", it will be located in resoucepacks>(you resoucepack)>minecraft>texture>models>armor in that order and there should be the texture for armor in there. Just make a copy of any one of the armor texture and paste it onto your desktop.

I hope that I helped, sorry if the response was long. If you need more help or better explaning just ask. (°w°)