User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Creative Tab Backgrounds
Sun, 07/31/2016 - 06:46

Hey guys! My full name is Leo Dissle Muklen but you can call me Leo!

I want to teach you guys/gals on how to make a background for your creative tabs!

Now if you know MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod (Good mod I think you should go check it out btw) there is a background on the tab for furniture... I learned how to do this by him on a tutorial video... I want to teach you how also!

First step: Create the Creative Tab

Second Step: Let MCreator recompile everything so everything works!

Third Step: Click on the tab you created then click on the "Edit Code"

((BE CRAFTFUL AT THIS PART))

Fourth Step: Look for something that says @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

Fifth Step: 1 line down there should be something that says "public Item getTabIconItem()"

Sixth Step: Click on the very end of that and then hit ENTER

Seventh Step: Type [ this.setBackgroundImageName("pickaname.png"); ] (Discluding the square brackets)

Eighth Step: In your file browser type in %appdata%\.minecraft\versions

[[This next step requires either 7zip or WinRAR]]

Ninth Step: Open up 1.9.4 (Or your prefered version of MC)

Tenth Step: Click on assets then minecraft then textures then gui then container then creative_inventory then copy tab_items

Eleventh Step: Go in to where you have MCreator stored and open that file

Twelth Step: Open forge then src then main then resources then assets then minecraft then textures

Thirteenth Step: Create a folder called gui then create a 'nother file called container and another one called creative_inventory then in that folder paste the file you picked up from what we gathered

Fourteenth Step: Do you remember the name you called your background pickaname rename the file you just pasted until it is called tab_pickaname (Make sure you don't do the .png part)

Fifteenth Step: Make sure in the code when you did this.setBackgroundImageName("pickaname.png"); you did not put it after the string that at the start it says "return new"

Sixteenth Step: Click Save and Recompile...

Seventeenth Step: If anything goes red read this all over again so you know there is no errors, Then try again!

Eighteenth Step: If it is all okay good job you pulled it off to make a background and if you were to start the MC Client then and looked at your tab then you'd notice it has the same background...

Nineteenth Step: Close Minecraft and then decorate your background in the folder of MCreator 

Twentyth Step: Now launch MC again and walla you finally have a background

I hoped this helped but if you do use this could you possibley give me 0.5% Credit and 10.0% to MrCrayfish for how this was done!

Last seen on 16:20, 13. Feb 2018
Joined May 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Thanks !!
Sat, 09/10/2016 - 17:44

Thanks !!