I want to make a mod without hurting another mod!

Started by CakeStache_Man on Fri, 09/09/2016 - 02:44

Topic category: Mod ideas

Last seen on 08:00, 9. Sep 2016
Joined Sep 2016
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
I want to make a mod without hurting another mod!
Fri, 09/09/2016 - 02:44

Hey guys!

So I recently created an account and decided i'd like to make a Periodic Table mod! But I then found that Tanman2001 has already made a periodic table mod!

link to his mod: https://mcreator.pylo.co/modification/6255/periodic-table-elements-mod

I still want to make the mod as i want to get a feel for what MCreator has to offer, but I don't want Tanman2001 to think i'm stealing his idea and make him feel bad!

Any tips?

Last seen on 14:35, 27. Jun 2019
Joined Dec 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
ask him if it would be fine,
Fri, 09/09/2016 - 20:48

ask him if it would be fine, and try to add things and change things so it isn't a "carbon" copy :P

Last seen on 20:30, 23. Aug 2019
Joined Jan 2016
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
If it is the same idea, but
Thu, 09/22/2016 - 19:40

If it is the same idea, but executed differently, that's absolutely fine imo. There are only so many ideas in the world before we start overlapping each other. I agree with letting him know you are working on your own periodic table themed mod, just for a heads up since it is a little specific. If you make a mod that is similar to another that has a wide idea like farming, transportation, decorative items, etc. I don't see a need to get a hold of the other author(s) that made those kinds. Those are very general themes, and understandably will be used for inspiration a lot. Anyway, good luck! Can't wait to see what you make. :)