User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Importing old .tcn or .java objects to mCreator 1.7.0
Mon, 09/26/2016 - 03:43

Hey guys, been almost a year since I've messed with mCreator [I keep taking breaks and waiting for updates] and since I last used it for mincraft 1.7.10 it seems the Techne .tcn file extension as well as .java extension object support has been dropped in favor of .obj and .json, even though Techne still comes packaged with mCreator. I've tried converting the .tcn/.java to .json and .obj and .model and everything else under the sun, but I cant get the textures mapped again without going through the headache that is Blender and UVmapping each individual shape to a new .obj file, so I always get purple and black blocks of doom as my texture.

tldr; Can someone help me figure out a way to import old Techne models WITH textures into mCreator 1.7.0?

Last seen on 16:41, 26. Sep 2019
Joined Sep 2016
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
im not sure but maybe you can
Tue, 09/27/2016 - 14:05

im not sure but maybe you can find a program that convert .tcn to like .model or something for MCratFisher than export a .json. Btw mobs of 1.7 still use techne models... what is more important is rotate the blocks this must be solved asp to 1.7 :/

Last seen on 05:14, 22. Jul 2019
Joined Aug 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
I've tried a few. Tbl2obj,
Tue, 09/27/2016 - 23:06

I've tried a few. Tbl2obj, tcn2obj, and other similar conversion tools, but from what I understand those programs are aimed more towards converting java into objects for ol' fashioned 3D rendering and they never really convert well into a minecraft compatible format. I've used MrCrayfish's editor but its awfully lacking compared to techne as far as what I can do with it, and the texture mapping is a NIGHTMARE compared to just exporting a PNG texture map with Techne and editing it with Gimp (the same reason I hate Blender. I only want to have to make 1 texture map for 1 modded item, not 2000000 individual texture.pngs for every flippin visible face)

I guess if I cant find an importing solution I'll just have to reinvent the wheel so to speak and start from scratch. It just boggles my damn mind that Pylo would abandon something as simple and user friendly as Techne in favor of something as complex as Blender. Sure its lightyears ahead, but thats the problem. I was under the impression that the point of mCreator was to make mod making easy for those who dont want to pour hours into learning code and java, but now you have to learn so much about 3D modelling, in a program you wont even use 98% of, that you might as well just say screw it and use Eclipse :/

Welp, I'm off to get a sumbishin youtube PhD in Blender just to spend 3 hours making textures for a single damn cauldron.