How to make a simple item (for begginers)

Started by willsaber on Sun, 05/19/2013 - 19:31

Topic category: User side tutorials

Last seen on 19:03, 5. Nov 2014
Joined May 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
How to make a simple item (for begginers)
Sun, 05/19/2013 - 19:31

This is my second tutorial! In this one, I'll teach you how to make a custom item. Like with making a custom block, create a texture for your item. If you don't know where to start, first decide what it should be. In this case, I'm going to make a sword. So I'll take the image of a Minecraft sword, and modify it. You can do this in the texture editor, or in a separate program. If you made it in a seperate program, upload it into MCreator, and then create the mod. For the purposes of this tutorial, you should plan on making a tool (pick, ax, sword, shovel)

To create the mod, you need to click on "New Mod" (this will be located on the main page of
MCreator). A subwindow will pop up. Type in the name of the mod file, select item and click next. This should bring you to a new window.

Once you are at the new window, Type in the name of the item in the "Name In GUI" slot. In the "Creative Menu Tab, select the menu you want it to be in. Set the stack size to 1. Set enchanitbility to anything between 5-10. Set "Max Item Use Duration" to 50. For "Type of Tool", set it to either 1, 1.5, or 2 (based on what kind of item it is). Set "Damage To Mob" to 1, unless it is a sword. Then, set it to 5. After that, click next.

For simplicity, skip this new page. Click next without doing anything else.

Now, you find the crafting/smelting window. In the top part, you see the crafting table GUI. Click on different areas in the GUI and select what should go there if you were to actually craft the item. The same thing with smelting, but at the bottom. Click next.

Now you find a new window, again, skip this by clicking next. This will take you to the main page of MCreator. Wait until the mod has finished compiling, then you can test it out.

Last seen on 21:14, 19. Jan 2015
Joined Jan 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Just saying, what number
Mon, 01/19/2015 - 13:40

Just saying, what number refers to what tool (ex: what number refers to a pick?)? I need to know this because I need to make an axe that allows flight.

Last seen on 21:32, 7. May 2019
Joined May 2014
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
RE:Just saying, what number
Fri, 01/30/2015 - 15:42

@#1 Thats not working you need to use the Create Tool Option and not the Item for that