User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
How to make a mob (for intermediates)
Mon, 05/20/2013 - 00:42

This tutorial teaches you how to make a mob. Keep in mind, this is not a tutorial for really beggining begginers, but if you have a couple days/hours practice... sure, why not? Anyways, because its an intermediate tutorial, I'm going to assume you know the basics. I will also assume you have already creating a texture for the mob, AND uploaded it.

To start, make a mod. Name the mod file after the mob's name. Select mob as the type of mod (mob, mod, lol?) and click next.

This will take you to a new page, where you can create the mob. The first thing I always do is set the model. Now, its safest for you to just use one of the prebuilt models, as those haven't ever bugged out on me. But, that often isn't enough. Depending on what your mod is, you may need to have a custom model for the mob. In this case, import the model using the "Import Model" button. It will give you a warning. Be careful, I once lost all my data because of it. If you want to do it anyways, click yes and find the model. Make sure it has been exported as a .java, because MCreator can't read a .tcm. Once you have chosen your model, select the texture file. This is located at the top of the page (give or take). Select the color of the mod egg. The left box determines the egg itself's color, and the right box determines the color of the dots. Click next.

This brings you to the next page. Here you just change the settings. Because its pretty straightforward, I'm just gonna let you fill it all in, and go next.

This brings you to a new page, I reccomend you skip it. Click next.

Here's another page, you should skip this one to. Click next.

Now, this is an important page. It is all about spawning ratio and... stuff. Spawn probablilty is essentially how often it will spawn. Min and Max number of mobs tells you how few/many of this mob there can be in the world at a time. If you only want it in certain biomes, check the "Only spawn in certain biomes" box, and select the biome. Click next.

Now you go to the final page, just click finish. Wait for the mod to finish compiling, and test it out. If it has an error, delete the mod and remake it. If you had a custom model, that is probably the problem, as MCreator has some troubles with custom models on mobs.

Last seen on 08:27, 5. Jul 2013
Joined Jun 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Sound affects help please!
Fri, 07/05/2013 - 08:27

Hey I know you said skip it but I made my own customized sounds for the new mob (which is a camel) and I was wondering f I can somehow us my sound for his living sounds and death sounds? Is there a way you can import sound affects?

Last seen on 19:03, 5. Nov 2014
Joined May 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Toonex
Tue, 07/09/2013 - 23:09

I believe that feature is not currently possible.

Last seen on 00:04, 3. Jul 2014
Joined Jul 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Slow and not powerful
Mon, 07/22/2013 - 06:48

My mob is very slow ( i have set his speed to 5) and he does 1 heart damage (i have set the damage to 8) how do i fix ???

Last seen on 23:18, 20. Feb 2016
Joined May 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
FAILING
Thu, 07/25/2013 - 15:47

I keep trying to make it but it keeps on giving me ERRORS
1.6.2 version
PLEASE HELP ME
when i want it to spawn in a biome it fails
when i dont spawn it in a biome it works
PLEASE HELP ME

Last seen on 20:02, 12. Mar 2014
Joined Aug 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Mob Texture Issue?
Fri, 08/16/2013 - 20:21

I try to go in mob texture and cannot select my texture created on skindex (I was going to make it a human model, but that wasn't available and I clicked zombie, which I would suppose used the same texture format)
When I opened the texture selection window, it I a blank selection bar and I cannot browse my files for the correct texture. Is there a step to the process that I haven't done, or does skindex not work for zombie textures?

Joined May 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Answers:
Thu, 10/10/2013 - 16:31

Igigy: That has never happened to me. I reccomend deleting the mob and try rectreating it.

MichaelPylo: That's probably just a bug, though it has happened to me as well. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix it. Does it give you a recompiliation error, or does it just not spawn?

Zmanlbp2: Did you import the texture? All textures in Minecraft use the same format, and the placing of Humans and Zombies are identicle. It should work. I reccomend reimporting the texture into MCreator. (The button is on the right toolbar)

Last seen on 19:16, 24. Jan 2014
Joined Sep 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
I'm probably doing something wrong...
Sun, 10/13/2013 - 12:21

I make the mod, (a bandit with a sword), and everything works, but he won't attack anything. I've set him to be hostile and everything, but he's not based off any other AI. I think that I've done something wrong with the hurt entity AI behaviour. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last seen on 02:27, 18. Feb 2017
Joined Jun 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
in the new version of
Mon, 12/23/2013 - 13:18

in the new version of Mcreator you can add sounds, and also i made a mob, and it wont even spawn

Joined May 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
@FLUDDFan
Mon, 12/23/2013 - 21:01

@FLUDDFan

Is it on peaceful? Mcreator doesn't seem to be able to make non-hostile mobs for me.

Last seen on 07:27, 21. Dec 2016
Joined Feb 2014
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
OK, so i was thinking of
Wed, 02/05/2014 - 21:19

OK, so i was thinking of adding a new tamable creature. I was wondering if i could make such a thing. Also for mob settings there is an "Ambient" and i don't know what will happen if i use it instead of Monster or any other type of creature.