Question: How to Make Blocks That Change Texture or ID, but Keep Variables/Inventories

Started by YankeeMinstrel on Sat, 01/28/2017 - 01:10

Topic category: Help with MCreator modding

Last seen on 00:27, 29. Jan 2017
Joined Dec 2014
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Question: How to Make Blocks That Change Texture or ID, but Keep Variables/Inventories
Sat, 01/28/2017 - 02:15 (edited)

I want to make a block that, like a furnace, will change its texture and light level upon "powering up" by adding fuel to its inventory. However, it is imperative that it keep its inventory. I also want to make a number of blocks that will be able to change texture, light level, and function upon "powering up", whilst keeping a certain set of variables.

For those curious or in need of a better picture of what I'm doing; I am making a *power core* block that "powers up" when *energy crystals* are added to its inventory, much like fuel to a furnace. I also want to make a variety of blocks that will be turned on (i.e. lamps, potion effect blocks, other functional blocks) when they sense that there is a *powered power core block* at a certain location, the location of the power core that it looks for being determined by the variables that it stores. I also want these blocks to be turned off when they sense that the power core they have coordinates to "powers off" when the fuel it stores is spent.

Edited by YankeeMinstrel on Sat, 01/28/2017 - 02:15