User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
A couple things I noticed...
Wed, 06/26/2013 - 08:09

Maybe I broke the application immediately, but I started off by creating an item. It was fine, then I created a recipe. Also fine.
I wanted to rename the item, but decided to recreate it instead... This broke the recipe, which was fine; it wasn't complicated, so I could just make it again... But it wouldn't delete the mod. I tried at least 6 different times to delete it, but it kept repopulating the mod list.
Eventually I just manually cleared the mod list (since the mod WAS deleted; the list just wasn't clearing for some reason)... But then nothing would show up after that.

I reinstalled and everything was back to normal, but I kept getting an error since the first exported mod I made had the same name as another one I'd downloaded.
I fixed that and got Minecraft to run finally... But then it happened; the thing I wanted to report.

Ok, so my first mod (after the reinstall) was going to be 6 variations of passive creepers. I had no problem using the mod creator engine, and I set their AI to be similar to a villager's. I didn't think that would be a problem.
But when I finally got the game to run after sorting out the name conflict, all of the villagers (which still had the original villager skins) were creeper-shaped. I hadn't spawned any, and they didn't have the skins I put in the mod... But they were literally everywhere (and staring at me, like villagers tend to do).
I thought it was cute, since I like creepers... Even weird-looking ones... And decided I'd try out the spawn eggs.
They were spawning as monsters (despite how I'd selected the 'creature' option) and disappearing immediately, not to mention they looked like bipedal villagers instead of creepers. I have peaceful on, which is why they disappeared.

I just thought I'd report it here; I'm not sure if it's a bug or if my computer was just being ridiculous, but all my villagers turned into creepers and all my creepers were villagers.