Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Custom Loot Tables
Wed, 01/17/2018 - 16:35

Hey all,

I got to thinking earlier, and it would be awesome if I could make custom loot tables and assign them to chests in structures that I create. Maybe this is already possible, but I wouldn't know how at all. I just think it would be useful for certain mod elements.

For those of you who don't know, a loot table is a set of items, amounts and chances that are assigned to chests inside certain world-generated structures. For example, the chest inside the forge buildingĀ in villages has its own loot table, consisting of iron armor, obsidian, diamonds, etc. The chests in the dungeon also have their own tables. The bonus chest, if you choose to have one upon world generation, has one too. Every chest that is generated in any Minecraft world draws its items from its assigned loot table.

There have been a lot of problems within mods that I've noticed where people create a structure, put items inside a chest, find the structure in the test world and there are no items in the chest. It'd be great to fix that.

-A