User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Mob/AI help specific to ocean mobs
Sat, 01/27/2018 - 21:24

Im new to Mcreator, and modding in general, so apologies in advance if my terminology is a little off, or my question is a little "noob"

I've created a fish mob, created the model and the texture, and have gone through the process of bringing it into my workspace. When configuring it, the only way I can get it to swim around, or do anything besides just lay on the bottom, is to use the squid base AI. That would be ok, except that when using the squid AI, my mob will only drop ink sacs- no matter what I set for the drop. My question is this: is there any way to modify the drops to make the mob drop something besides ink sacs- OR, barring that, is there a way to give it a "fish-like" AI without using the squid AI? Either way would work for me. As I've tried modelling other mobs off of the cow AI, and seeing that my mob then only drops what a cow would, I'm thinking that you can't override the drops. The AI events that seem most logical, like wander, appear to be incompatible with the watercreature type. so I'm stuck. This is something I would like to do for a couple of different mobs, so a code example that I can modify as appropriate would be awesome. Im using 1.7.7 and the latest recommended  version of Forge, for MC 1.12.2

0Upvote this forum topic
Last seen on 15:07, 7. Dec 2019
Joined May 2018
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Yes on mob death just add…
Tue, 11/19/2019 - 03:31

Yes on mob death just add the spawn item procedure and if you dont want it to drop ink sacs then in "when mob hurt" add the procedures despawn and spawn item

0Upvote this forum topic