Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Techne not Exporting to .java file
Thu, 03/01/2018 - 19:09

Hey all,

I know, I know, Techne technically isn't supported any more. But it gets the job done. Hear me out.

I'm making a Magical Spirit Creatures mod, and I have a hunched-over monster mob I'd like to put in it. I have the model and the texture (if you'd like, I can send screenshots), but it's not letting me export from Techne to a .java file. Every time I try, it seems to successfully export, but it doesn't show up in the destination folder. Instead, the only way to access it is through my Recent Documents section, and when I double-click on one of the exported files, it opens Notepad++ with a separate window on top that says "Cannot find the [file location] file. Do you want to create a new file?" With options for Yes, No and Cancel. Cancel closes Notepad++, No keeps it open with a blank document and Yes also keeps it open with a blank document, but it also saves it to the file location.

I've also tried exporting the texturemap (duh, if I have a texture) and, just as an experiment, as the Turbo Model Thingy filetype (which is just a .java as well) which both successfully exported. What's up with the .java?

For those of you wondering, I did try to use the Turbo Model Thingy file, and it didn't work. MCreator wants the .java.

If anyone wants to use Techne to export it for me, I can send you the .tcn file over a file pasting website.

Thanks,

-A

Last seen on 16:20, 17. Mar 2018
Joined Feb 2018
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
click export java-file and…
Wed, 03/07/2018 - 19:33

click export java-file and select desktop!

if it is not working please reinstall techne!