User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
How to Fix Broken textures in JSON model
Mon, 04/09/2018 - 18:33 (edited)

Soo most of people her probably uses MrCryfish Model maker because its easies and has end up with all the textures messed up 
soo here I'm making a small tutorial on how to fix this problem but keep in mind that every time you add new block with model you will have to do this fix again, same with editing this block, but any ways let's get started!!!

So I will be using Pandora Totem Block that I have made for my mod which looks like this:

Perview from MrCryfish Model Maker

but in game it looks like this (Block on the right is the one that I have added before this tutorial!!!):

Broken textures on the left

So yeah its broken anyways
but to make it working correctly we need to add all needed textures to MCreator
after adding textures and see that the model looks horribly wrong here we need to go to this location
C:\Pylo\MCreator178\user\json\models\block for me its on my C Drive but you might have installed MCreator on different drive.

after we get there we will see all the blocks that we have made in JSON format but we are looking for specific one which for me is 
pandoratotem.json "you will gonna have different name"

Here

And we have found it but there are two of them ????
ok to clear this out pandoratotem.json is file that holds the texture of this block which makes it use only one texture
and pandoratotem_custom.json is the actual file that holds all the information about the model
so what we have to do ? 
Simply Delete pandoratotem.json and replace with pandoratotem_custom.json "simply remove custom from file name"
Now

And now it should look like this
so we have done our job here now we can test out if the textures work's now so lets see
Yep

And yep the textures are working now :D
hope this tutorial was Helpful for someone and if you have any questions than feel free to ask :D

Edited by Wes on Mon, 04/09/2018 - 18:33
0Upvote this forum topic