User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
1.8.0 log, ore and mod support
Mon, 09/03/2018 - 20:51

Is there away to use all logs what are registed in game as a log as I created a paper mill what grinds up a log in to paper but it's little useless if I can only use vanilla logs, or can we PLEASE have a option to include other mod names so we can include compatibity 

be nice to have log, ore and mod support

Last seen on 16:40, 9. Dec 2018
Joined Apr 2014
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
  • wiki contributor
I don't quite know what you…
Sat, 09/08/2018 - 09:46

I don't quite know what you are asking for but
Do you mean that you have created block with custom GUI or just structural machine like block that converts any type of Wood into paper ?
Well since your paper mill is a custom block than you can just use procedures to define what blocks will work with your machine but for now MCreator is not able to assign metadata for your block on its own and as we know some blocks in minecraft like Wool, Wood planks and Log blocks have metadata values but there will be better support for ore dictionary that might partially fix that issue :)

Tell me if I have not answer your question correctly

Last seen on 00:30, 8. Dec 2018
Joined Oct 2017
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
No you didn’t answer it as…
Sat, 09/08/2018 - 22:18

No you didn’t answer it as the ore dir has. It been added yet :) my problem is a function not yet added lol 

but that is what I was asking for them to add and I added it in the tracker and I been told they are working on it when they can

Last seen on 23:58, 10. Nov 2018
Joined Aug 2013
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
  • wiki contributor
Well, almost every decent…
Sun, 09/09/2018 - 07:37

Well, almost every decent mod that adds new logs makes the block extend BlockLog instead of just Block, so all you have to do is check if the desired block/item is an instance of BlockLog and you should be fine.

Last seen on 00:30, 8. Dec 2018
Joined Oct 2017
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Since not everyone is able…
Sun, 09/09/2018 - 09:39

Since not everyone is able to go on and change the code manually or is able it keep this information on there head as you able to show us what we would have to do to do there I also follow the rule of heal them selves before helping but just saying you only have to do this when it’s not part of anything MCreator offers and much of the raw forge code does not work in MCreator as it’s not set up as a normal mod file it does thing different then all the forge tutorials could you please share the code with the changes of checking all logs please ? 

I know many of MCreators limits are fixable by code but the point is not to have to keep messing with code, yes I can edit code and I can find code but getting things to mash up in MCreator is just impossible almost, I know your a good coder in MCreator but some of us have leaning problems and find some parts of the code hard to learn as there is no logical stature to the code and some files tutorials online say to edit MCreator hide from the end user as there scared a user will not give them credit for using there tool

So saying it’s simple could be true for you but for others that statement is wrong, even your rotation video you 100% assume people know what your code says on your video when you been asked to clean it up you don’t give them time or day but you should stop and think for a moment they might be able to add the code like most monkeys but some like myself might need a logical structure.

please take this in to account or I will ask you nicely don’t wast your time or mine commenting anymore on my posts I would love you help and knowledge but in the past year I been here code users have just made me more upset and they will day or you just do this or that and never explain what they are talking about, this kind of reply is wrong in every way.

1, it’s wrong to used with any kind of learning problem who has move to MCreator just because coding is a task what’s just not as easy for them.

2, new users might not know there is even a coding section or two scared to use it.

3, the point of MCreator is to be able to create mods without the need to code.

Yes code is still needed in places but you guys whom are the coders need to look st how you advice people, including the block code with the edits in my eyes would first help, the user still have to compare and include the code and has to do some works and hopefully learn, I know some people want it all but some are just limited.

This is if people shared this information more I could of created a little helper tool what could  create block code based on there design I can code in Lua I and code I java but my problem is information for java or any code that’s referring code from anywhere does not retain in my head very well.

so people guys from now on please be a little more helpful to users, thanks

you also have the right to tell me to shut it and keep on with your day also but it’s a request I hope a few will take up.