Would like help with various things

Started by Tranquil_Trae on Sat, 09/05/2020 - 04:31

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 02:30, 22. Oct 2020
Joined Sep 2020
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Would like help with various things
Sat, 09/05/2020 - 04:31

Hello, I'm a new user in the forums and I am somewhat new at mcreator.

I've been working on this mod that is looking really promising in my eyes. However I've encountered a few issues that I cant seem to fix.

1. I've made a vehicle entity that the player can ride on. Only problem is that the player floats above it rather on the seating area.

2. I've searched everywhere for this but cant find an answer for. I've made a dimension with its own set of biomes and exclusive plants, seems the only way I can get them to generate is by setting their type to cave, the problem with this is that they spawn everywhere, even on blocks I don't intend for them to spawn in. Is there a way to make a plant destroy itself when it generates on the wrong block.

3. I've made some aquatic creatures that are found in pools. I've set them up so they are water type mobs, including the ai. Only problem is that they seem to only be able to move around but not up or down. Is there a way to fix this?

4. I'm working on adding some paintings. I spent a fair amount of time on this 48x32 painting to find out that blockbench only supports 32x32 blocks and no bigger. Are their any workarounds for this?  I really would like to be able to add large paintings that exceed 32x32. (I've made my paintings based on block type not entity type which is what vanilla paintings are)

5. Are there ways of getting a fully working model template of a skeleton, I have this skeleton variant mob however there is no support for a skeleton model so I've had to make it a human model. If this is not possible how do I make a entity model have animations and item holding abilities. (I would also like to know how to make custom animations because I have some mobs with custom models that need a specific animation that mcreator does not have)

Thank you for reading, and extra thanks if you are able to help me with any of these problems.

Also thank you developers of mcreator for this amazing tool. I really want to finish my mod and make it awesome to give you more praise for the work you do.

Last seen on 15:29, 7. Sep 2020
Joined Sep 2020
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can tell things to…
Mon, 09/07/2020 - 01:22

You can tell things to despawn if on a certain y level, or particular block. For y, you can put "if y less than or equal to 32, despawn event/target entity." I'm not sure if that works with blocks. For a particular block, you put "if get block at x y z = (block type) place (plant) and x y+1 z" I'm no professional, but those two have worked for me, but the y level I use for mobs. I hope you can solve your issues.

Last seen on 07:04, 27. Oct 2020
Joined Jun 2016
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(I'm assuming you are using…
Mon, 09/07/2020 - 06:51

(I'm assuming you are using the latest version of MCreator)

1 - I think either MCreator or Blockbench have an option for changing the point where you ride the entity

2 - You could have add a condition to their generation to check if the block under them is the right one. You could also revert their type to normal and have a block with grass material that can support plants, this way the plants will always generate there

3 - Ehm, I don't know, I've never made a water mob XD

4 - I have no idea, try checking another software which might support bigger models. Or maybe you could split the painting in two blocks which are both placed simultaneously (similarly to doors), but that might be difficult since you would also have to check for space, rotation, etc.

5 - You can easily add basic animations to a mob when importing its model in MCreator. But besides costant or walking animations, you can't do much without coding. A plugin for mob animations was just released, I don't know how does it work but here is it:

https://mcreator.net/forum/66218/feders-geckolib-plugin

Last seen on 02:30, 22. Oct 2020
Joined Sep 2020
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you. May I ask how you…
Tue, 09/08/2020 - 07:26

Thank you. May I ask how you set the seating position as I cant seem to be able to find it

Last seen on 07:04, 27. Oct 2020
Joined Jun 2016
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't know, there might be…
Tue, 09/08/2020 - 18:06

I don't know, there might be an option in Blockbench but I can't check since it does no longer want to load to me :/