FORTHCOMING 2085: The Invasion (old name is BattleBot): Some big sci-fi mod I am working on.

Started by Doom Slayer on Wed, 02/17/2021 - 12:51

Topic category: Mod showcase and discussion

Last seen on 15:14, 10. Apr 2021
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
FORTHCOMING 2085: The Invasion (old name is BattleBot): Some big sci-fi mod I am working on.
Fri, 03/19/2021 - 13:01 (edited)

Hello people of MCreator.

This forum topic is all about the mod i'm working on, BattleBot: Java Edition, which will be renamed to FORTHCOMING 2085: The Invasion when I come back home. (any names similar to this are not related to the mod)

Mod available here:https://mcreator.net/modification/69574/battlebot-pve-sci-fi-mod

1.What is this mod?

• BattleBot was the first actual sci-fi universe I imagined, and also was my biggest map on Bedrock Edition; a PvE map that took around 66 mB. Because of the limitations of Bedrock Edition, I wanted to remake the entire map in a more unique way on Java edition thanks to command blocks, which are extremely limited in BE. To make my map more unique, I needed to make a mod for it. That's when I remembered about MCreator. I then immediatly started working on every items, mobs, blocks, etc that I dreamed to see in my maps to make it more unique. That's how the mod is born.
  • The forum page is to answers questions, first of all, but i'm also making one because I need help with making the mod. More explained at part 3.

2.Questions and Answers:

Q:Is there a lore to it?

A:Well yes since this is one of the main reasons I'm making this mod and the map that comes with it. I want to see the tons of lore I made alive, you know. I have a fandom wiki for the mod that will explain bits of the lore, with the rest that you'll have to find out about. the link to the W.I.P fandom wiki is at the top of the modpage that I linked minutes ago.

Q:How do you craft all of these items and blocks?

A:You can't. This mod was made for a PvE map and so there are nearly no crafts since you will be able to obtain all of them with quests, crates, etc.

Q:Will there be a survival version soon?

A:Not soon, but when I complete this mod entirely, I might do a separate survival version or update.

Q:Why is the mod taking more than 80mB??!

A:This is all the fault of the OST, which I added in 0.1.2. There's 14 musics in the mod you can play with the /playsound command. There will be way more in the full version of the mod. I may create a version without the OST, although that is unlikely.

Q:Where can you download the 0.1.2, I don't see it.

A:The download link is over the "downloads" tab. it currently uses Mediafire although I might change that. (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ta7ef4h18lyxit3/battlebot_0.1.2-1.16.4.jar/file) (0.1.2-Beta)

Q:Why are you making a forum page?

A:I explain it right below this answer.

3.Help required!

Here's the main reason to why I'm making this forum page.

Although i'm creative and good at music and "sound design" (kind of), I still require some help for the mob textures and some block textures, as this is my weakest point here. I don't need help for the item textures, they're easy to do.

The problem is that I'm very bad at detailing mob textures. Even when I try to, it ends up badly in my opinion. So, if you know how to make sci-fi textures for mobs, please let me know and join our Discord here: https://discord.gg/K4fEc7pCSy

If you want anything added or you have ideas for the mod, wether these are items, weapons, mobs, factions, etc. Also let me know. I want to know what you'd love in a sci-fi mod like this one.

I also need your help to accelerate the wiki page! You can help contribute by adding the items and weapons, etc. thanks to the tutorial pages I made! Follow the entire guide to making a weapon and armor page  please!

Also, i'm pretty sure this is the first time I make a forum page. If it's written badly, my apologies, i'm stressing a lot when I'm writing something public like this.

See you soon.

Edited by Doom Slayer on Fri, 03/19/2021 - 13:01
Last seen on 15:14, 10. Apr 2021
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
EDIT: The mod will now be…
Fri, 03/19/2021 - 12:58

EDIT: The mod will now be called "Forthcoming 2085: The Invasion" and the new one will be "Forthcoming 2080", because let's face it: Battlebot is a bad name. More info soon (if I don't forget I said that lol)