[OUTDATED TUTORIAL] How to correctly install Animations+ (If you are getting an error!)

Started by NerdyPuzzle on

Topic category: User side tutorials

Last seen on 20:17, 28. Mar 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[OUTDATED TUTORIAL] How to correctly install Animations+ (If you are getting an error!)
Wed, 10/05/2022 - 20:50 (edited)

Well, if you are here, that means you have installed Animations+ incorrectly and you are getting an error. Don't worry, you're not to blame.

Usually, plugins are installed by clicking the load plugin option in the Manage Plugins section of Mcreator preferences. 

In our case, we don't want to load the plugin there.

dont do this

If you have already installed the plugin, make sure to delete it, as we will be placing it in a different location.

delete this

Now that you have deleted the incorrectly installed plugin, what's next?

Well, you will need to head over to your desktop, where the MCreator.exe shortcut is located. Once you've found it, right click it, and select Open file location as show below:

Now, you need to make sure that the exe you have opened leads to the correct version of MCreator. If it does not, you will need to find the folder for the exe of MCreator 2022.1+

You should now be seeing another plugin folder. This is the correct location the plugin requires to work. Place the plugin there:

correct folder

Great, you should now have solved the error! Enjoy your new animations :)

Edited by NerdyPuzzle on Wed, 10/05/2022 - 20:50
Last seen on 14:53, 28. Mar 2024
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks! The custom element…
Wed, 10/05/2022 - 19:11

Thanks! The custom element trick worked.

Last seen on 20:17, 28. Mar 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I updated the plugin to…
Wed, 10/05/2022 - 20:51

I updated the plugin to completely get rid of the bug by introducing a DIY method of setting up the element. If you update to it, you need to set your model animations again (if they contain animations+ animations) or you'll be getting errors. OR, just don't update at all since it should be fine if you made the element yourself.

Last seen on 06:38, 4. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Have a look at Nerdy Puzzle,…
Wed, 05/17/2023 - 15:21

Have a look at Nerdy Puzzle, I downloaded the plugin, but the player_animation folder did not appear. I created the folder myself. but this time when i run the animation the game crashed, how do i fix it?