Prepare to explore the oceanic depths of Minecraft with the scuba mod!
The scuba mod is a mod that adds items themed around scuba diving. The mod adds:
- 4 special armor sets
- 1 Block
- 1 Item
- 1 Enchantment
- 1 Effect
The diving gear sets are a special type of armory that grant the 'scuba' effect along with other various benefits depending on the gear. While the player is wearing an airtank with a mask while underwater, the scuba effect. While it is in effect the player will not lose oxygen, only depleting the air tank's internal oxygen. If the player removes the gear or climbs out of water, the remaining oxygen will be remembered and the effect will end until either the gear is put back on or the player enters the water again.
Upon running out of internal oxygen, the air tank will be futile until refilled again with the air compressor. So dive carefully!
Tidal Diving Gear. The very first set for the ones who want to dip their toes in what this mod has to offer. It provides oxygen, small amount of armor points, and a small swim boost. This tier may get outdated very quickly, however they are the stepping stones to obtaining very powerful tiers. It cannot be crafted and can only be obtained by trading with the most experienced armorers and fishermen villagers.
Coastal Diving Gear. A step up in power on all fronts from tidal, I took inspiration from the classic looking scuba diving suits. It provides a decent amount of oxygen, armor points, and a decent swim boost. It can be obtained by combining any tidal gear with an iron ingot at a smithing table.
Pelagal Diving Gear. The second best of the diving gears, I took inspiration from futuristic looking wetsuits for this set and also blue diamonds. It provides a large amount of oxygen, armor points and a very good swim boost. It can be obtained by combining any coastal gear with a diamond at a smithing table.
Hadal Diving Gear. The final and best diving tier. I took inspiration from deep sea diving helmets used by some pretty extreme scuba divers. It provides the largest amount of oxygen out of any of the diving gear. It provides a large amount of armor points and is immune to fire, (like the material it is made of, netherite.) and provides the best swim boost. It can be obtained by combining any pelagal gear with a netherite ingot at a smithing table.
The Air Compressor. This sturdy block can be used to refill your airtank once it fully empties. It can be crafted in a crafting table with 5 iron bars in a 'shuriken' like formation. With the airtank in your hand just simply right click the block and your airtank will be ready for your next aquatic adventure.
Azuritian's music disc 'Pelagic Swim'. This energetic soundscape was created by a friend of mine, made specially for this mod. This disc can be obtained by making a drowned kill another of its kind. (Tip, they sometimes like to throw something pointy at your direction...)
Trident enchantment 'Recoralation'. This special enchantment can only be applied to tridents and cannot be found on the enchantment table. It grants the trident the ability to 'revive' dead coral blocks and plants. Simply right click on a dead coral block or plant and it will be brought back to life. (Just make sure its submerged and not out of water) It can be obtained by villager trading and in loot chests.
- Klemen and their awesome team for creating this great software and community.
- Thank you to Azuritian for creating the song for the music disc 'Pelagic Swim'.
- My friends and family for being awesome.
Thank you for looking at my project! I hope you enjoy the content this mod provides and if you have any issues, thoughts or suggestions please comment them down below. I'll be happy to listen to your feedback.
Stay tranquil :)
0.1.0 = An aquatic adventure begins...
- Added the Diving mask, Air tank and Fins.
- Added the Air Compressor, used to refill the Air Tank.
- Added the "AirTankCapacity" and "Airtankfill" values.
- Added the Ocean Trench biomes, they will be expanded on a later update.
- Added a music track for the trench biomes by Meydan.
- Added a cave sound for the trench biomes, by Tritus.
- Added a Breathing sound effect for the scuba gear, by digifishmusic.
- Added the recipes for the scuba gear, and the air compressor.
0.1.1 = Fun with diving flags
- Added the Neretic Diving Gear. A freediving themed set, because freediving is cool too!
- The set is made of the Snorkle mask, which allows breathing when close to the surface of the water. The weight belt, which grants 3 oxygen charges and the Neretic Diving Fins.
- Added the Diving Flag Floats. A fun way to roleplay as an underwater diver!
- Added the Neretic Diving Gear and Diving Flag Floats recipes.
- Added a new UI event for the oxygen charge bar. Pressing backspace while wearing diving equipment changes the diving flag icons to the international diving flag style.
- Changed the Air Compressor function. No longer works while the player is underwater.
- Changed the mod icon and the description
I hope you enjoy this small update! Next update will be much longer. Until then,
0.1.1.1 = Really small bug fix
- Changed Oxygen Charges. No longer restores oxygen after taking a hit from drowning. It is now activated by pressing '=', and can be done so on any air level.
I apologise for this annoying oversight. Let me know how you guys find this new way of activating the oxygen charges. Next 'feature' update will be much bigger. Until then,
0.1.2 = The sea floor's the limit
- Added the Aquatic Diving set
- Added the Oceanic Diving set
- Added the Benthic Diving set
- Added the reinforced plastic/iron/diamond/netherite fragments
- Added the reinforced plastic/iron/diamond/netherite fragment structures. Found in certain aquatic biomes, refer to desc.
- Added the reinforced plastic/iron/diamond/netherite items. Used to upgrade diving gear.
- Added NBT tags. You can now mix and match different masks with different diving air tanks.
- Replaced the oxygen bar with a diving watch that indicates current oxygen charges.
- Overhauled the diving gear crafting system.
- Added a diving mask overlay when you equip a diving mask.
- Freediving based gear now restores air when you are above the surface at any oxygen charge level.
- Changed and removed lore on various items.
- Retextured the item textures for the neretic diving set.
- Retextured the item textures for the pelagic diving set.
- Retextured the item textures for the diving flag floats.
- Retextured the item texture for the air compressor.
- Changed the name of the Diving Flag Float Alt to 'International Diving Flag Float'
- Diving fins now have a function! They now grant speed for a set amount of seconds depending on the diving fins. This is triggered by activating an oxygen charge.
- Overhauled the diving gear variables. Oxygen charges are no longer stored worldwide, but each player.
I hope you enjoy this new update. This update was aimed mainly to polish and implement the rest of the planned diving gears. So now I can start focusing on immersive aquatic biomes and structures. Please do let me know if you encounter any bugs or have any thoughts. Until next time,
1.0 = Take a deep breath...
Updated forge version to 1.18.2
Replaced the diving sets with new polished sets. Replaced with Tidal, Coastal, Pelagal and Hadal.
Overhauled the function of the air tanks. Tanks now store oxygen data with an item nbt tag.
Overhauled the function of the diving fins. They now provide a speed boost while in water, varying between the gear.
Overhauled the way of obtaining diving gear. The first tier can only be obtained by trading while the rest can be upgraded from the first tier.
Changed the model and texture of the air compressor. The air compressor now uses the default block model.
Added Azuritian's music disc, Pelagic Swim. It can be obtained when a drowned kills another drowned.
Removed the flag floats.
Removed the reinforced fragments and reinforced materials.
Removed the experimental trench biome.
Removed the oxygen meter UI.
Removed the following sounds, diver breath, whale and freezing but warm.
So here it is, the grand release of the scuba mod 1.0. After I while I wanted to scrap this entirely, even the last overhaul was really bad. So I decided to finish this strong and decided not to deliver an ocean overhaul with it, just make the best scuba mod I originally intended to create. So almost a year later, here it is...
I like swimming in the sea ... o no a reaper leviathan...
Nice mod +1 upvote