MCreator 1.5.6 - another Minecraft 1.7.10 update!

Submitted by Klemen on Sat, 05/02/2015 - 13:11

While we work on MCreator for Minecraft 1.8, we have made another 1.7.10 update to fix some annoying bugs and to add some new things such as 3D MODEL ANIMATIONS! We have also improved the interface design a bit and also improved some other things. Are you wondering what are they and want to download new release? In this case, don't hesitate to hit read more!

We have removed some unused libraries to improve the performance of MCreator. Mob model importing has been improved as you no longer need to type its name when you import one. We have also improved events and added support for event stacking. As already said, now you can define mob model animations so your mobs will now be able to walk, move their arms, heads, ...

New semi-transparent design of the MCreators start page

Green bar in the mod creation context now represents the percentage of the form you already filled out

Things that were added to MCreator with 1.5.6 update:

• Added set variable event support to the armor, item, food and tool
  • Reformated code to improve the performance of MCreator
  • Updated Minecraft Forge version to the latest recommended version - 1291
  • Added support for stacking events in groups
  • Now you don't need to type 3d model name when importing it - it is done automaticaly
  • Added support for mob model animations - head, arm and walking animations
  • Destroy block event supports defining of drop location
  • Improved step marking in mod creation menus
  • Removed some unused libraries to reduce the size and improve performance of MCreator
  • Custom mobs can now wear custom armor
  • Enchanted the interface design a bit
  • Added close warning in case you close MCreator while there is gradle task being executed in the background

Bugs that were fixed:

• Item events were duplicated once the mod was saved
  • Fixed destroy block with drop event result - now it works
  • Fixed some mob event issues
  • Fixed add potion effect causing recompilation errors
  • Fixed another case where missing cache.properties file could cause setup errors
  • Fixed error with Minecraft test environment closing if importing old workspaces
  • Fixed bug with old class files for var list and global events not being removed

xXMCXx was also so kind that he made a review of MCreator 1.5.6. Check it out!

Now we are going to start working even harder on MCreator for Minecraft 1.8. Meanwile, we will make another mod contest which should begin very soon so stay tuned! Tell which thing you like about this update the most in the comments!

Comments

Submitted by saibot0 on Sat, 05/02/2015 - 15:47

Mob Animations is probably the best. PS: I'm gonna win that contest!

Submitted by LeBadWolf on Sat, 05/02/2015 - 19:05

I COULD KISS YOU! :D The moment I read the changes I knew I can finish my mod without any stupid work-arounds :D

Mcreator is so amazing...... :D. If you fixing the sound bug and will release a most bugfree Version of mcreator i will win the next mod contest 100%!!!!!

@#3.1 i think there is somthing wrong with the sound. Json soundpath and the soundpath in the mobcreation(living sound,hurtsound, deathsound) / i looked at other mods (mo creatures, custom npcs) but the sound. Json is not so the problem i think. Its possibly the path in the mobcreation.... But thank for you answer:)

Submitted by xXMCXx on Sat, 05/02/2015 - 23:19

I agree, MCreator is amazing. Its nice now that we dont have to enter the name of the model exactly the same as it does it for us!

i like how now u can have difrent eventy prams i wanted that for so long!!

Awesome that you added set variable to more things, clearly gonna use it to make a special power for a weapon that I thought of:).

I have a problem with MCreator. I cant seem to use Item models or even Import them. When I save a model as a "item" it doesnt show up in the textures folder and still behaves like I didnt just make a model for an Item and save it as a Item model. I tried a roundabout by making a 1-colored background and making them transperent(using PowerPoint power. Bam) but when I imported it, It crashed INSTANTLY when I clicked and choose to Import.(The image was 16x16 pixels). So what is the problem?

Submitted by Drewpy on Mon, 05/04/2015 - 21:54

@Klemen Holy crap, It's gonna take a WHILE before an MCreator version with 1.9 compatibility is gonna be out...

@#8 More things in Minecraft doesn't always mean more changes in code... if they keep the core more or less the same, it won't be so hard... but the core of 1.8 has changed a lot and this is why there still is no MCreator for 1.8... but it will be there as soon as possible.

@#8.1 Based on the amount of time Mojang has taken on the update, it makes sense that a lot of the inventory and bow+arrow coding was redone. The hard part would probably be the new system of quivers and arrows, and how to work with that. I doubt the new arrows will make any difference to the code.

Submitted by owain on Mon, 05/04/2015 - 23:28

can you add another mode to yours if so how