Hi - first time user of MCreator and after playing with it for the day I figured out the right sequences to getting things created (blocks, ingots, ores, sword, crafting, smelting and armor), I still can't figure out why the Armor Texture I created doesn't get carried over to the game. If I look at the Armor Helmet, ChestPlate, Leggins & Boots individually and add them to my skin I can see them on the crafting table fine, but pressing F5 to see it in game, I only have a single tone color I choose when I created each Armor. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't import an armor texture (none exist even though I created them), and when I created the individual helmet, chestplate, leggins & boots items, they look perfect. I couldn't find anyway to apply the textures to the armor. What am I missing? I'm using a 1.12.2 world with Forge version built-in (2611) for testing and for 2676 for my server - both with same results.
1. Created item texture for helmet, chestplate, leggins & boots
2. Clicked on Create Armor Texture
3. Selected Standard and added color
4. Clicked Use this armor and then Exit
5. Clicked on + selected Armor and picked the texture I created
6. Added the 4 armor pieces and the texture file for what was picked in step 2 even though the previous screen with the four slots has the right texture. Perhaps this should be optional?
Everything compiles fine and game runs, it's 2 & 6 that seem to not be right. There are no controls in the Step 2 to design the texture, only an option to pick a color.
I've got everything else working fine, just this is driving me nuts, that and the very small text, not being able to maximize the screen while editing or seeing the name of what I started editing on each page I go through. Minor cosmetic things that waste time.