I have used past versions of Mcreator and have never ran into this problem before but I just got a new computer and just downloaded this version of Mcreator but when I open the .jar file the app begins to set itself up and then stops and says Mcreator setup failed in a box above the open app. Here is the error log.
Executing gradle command: cleanCache clean setupDecompWorkspace --refresh-dependencies
Build info: MCreator 1.8.1, 64-bit, 8192 MB, Mac OS X - bash, JVM 1.8.0_191, JAVA_HOME: Default (not set)
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Could not determine java version from '10.0.2'.
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
Task completed with return code 1 in 1494 milliseconds