In 1.9.1, I think it would be a great feature to see the option to only perform ticks on a block when powered with redstone. This would allow for lots of new creations and ideas centered around redstone power, such as block sound loops when powered by redstone or a block that requires redstone to perform actions.
I brought up the concept in this forum post: https://mcreator.net/comment/88815
Basically, here's the steps
1. [Block Unlocked] Create procedure that plays desired sound
2. [Block Unlocked] Set tick rate of block to length of sound
3. [Block Unlocked] Set block onTick procedure to created sound procedure from step 1
4. [Block Unlocked] Set block redstone on procedure to created sound procedure from step 1
4. LOCK BLOCK AND GO TO BLOCK CODE
5. [Block Locked] Move schedule block update/tick call from onBlockAdded to Redstone on function.
5. [Block Locked] In onTick function in block code, add check for if block still has redstone power. Inside that, add another call to schedule block update/tick.
In generic form, its mostly a matter of not calling schedule block update unless powered by redstone. in the redstoneOn function, a call will be made to schedule block update, and then in on tick function, whatever action is performed, and if the block still has redstone power, call schedule block update.