" ' " or other characters that are not allowed break the mod element.

Status
Invalid
Type
Product/platform
Not applicable
Priority
Normal
Issue description

This began with a few elements with their models broken, so I fixed their models and found out that the apostrophe caused problems, so I removed them. However, upon coming back to the elements, I could not edit them to switch to the new model. I can edit their code, but I cannot use the editor (and doing gradle tasks or regenerating code does not fix that either). For some reason this only occurred in 1.14.4, but this is still a very damaging error. I hope there is another way to fix this without creating a new element and deleting the old one.

Issue comments

When possible, attach your MCreator workspace (or even better a minimal example workspace required to reproduce the bug), game crash logs (full logs, do not crop them, in text format, not screenshots of logs) from the Console tab or terminal and steps to reproduce the bug in your workspace. Please specify which mod elements to check in your workspace too, if applicable.
 



Donate to MCreator

By donating to developers you can speed up development, as with more resources, we can dedicate more time to MCreator. It is a free project made by developers working on it in their free time.