Your workspace contains mod elements that dont compile properly

Started by Carisma_Project on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:14, 8. Oct 2023
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Your workspace contains mod elements that dont compile properly

okok im getting really done trying to figure out the "Your workspace contains mod elements that dont compile properly" when creating an animated entity with geckolib. i have searched all forums and all the fixes i could find didnt help. 

It only comes up when i check the "enable entity spawning" and uses the creature (which i want it to be as) as spawning type. monster, ambient and all other ones works fine but spawns it a way i dont want it to spawn as.

the log i get up is 

Executing Gradle task: build
Build info: MCreator 2023.3.36712, forge-1.20.1, 64-bit, 16304 MB, Windows 10, JVM 17.0.7, JAVA_HOME: F:\mcreator\jdk, started on: 2023-09-18-02:57:39

> Task :compileJava FAILED
C:\Users\admin\MCreatorWorkspaces\mrcrisms_wildlife\src\main\java\net\mcreator\mrcrismswildlife\entity\GeckoEntity.java:192: error: cannot find symbol (entityType, world, reason, pos, random) -> (world.getBlockState(pos.below()).getMaterial() == Material.GRASS && world.getRawBrightness(pos, 0) > 8));
^
symbol: method getMaterial()
C:\Users\admin\MCreatorWorkspaces\mrcrisms_wildlife\src\main\java\net\mcreator\mrcrismswildlife\entity\GeckoEntity.java:192: error: cannot find symbol (entityType, world, reason, pos, random) -> (world.getBlockState(pos.below()).getMaterial() == Material.GRASS && world.getRawBrightness(pos, 0) > 8));
^
symbol: variable GRASS
2 errors
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.
* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.
* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
BUILD FAILED in 2s
1 actionable task: 1 executed

BUILD FAILED
Task completed in 3 seconds

idk about you but entity type world? is that correct? i have tried making a new workspace aswell but same problem comes up with every entity and every workspaces

thanks for replies!

greetings - me who downloaded mcreator literally yesterday

This is bug of geckolib. 1…
Tue, 09/19/2023 - 16:03

This is bug of geckolib. 1.20.1 version seems very buggy. I suggest getting in touch with the plugin author on this topic