(IMPOSSIBLE) Is there a way to transform the structure folder: plains village, into a .nbt file to use in MCreator?

Started by joao.mp14 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 14:54, 24. Dec 2023
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(IMPOSSIBLE) Is there a way to transform the structure folder: plains village, into a .nbt file to use in MCreator?
Tue, 09/26/2023 - 16:48 (edited)

Hello, I recreated this topic: (Is there any way to transform the structure folder: plains village (vanilla), into a .nbt file to use in MCreator?)
Because no one answered me in the previous one and it is a new question.

New Question:

So I found the structure I was looking for (plains village), but it's in a folder with about 100 .nbt files

I tried turning the folder into .rar and then into .nbt, but obviously it didn't work, I must say I was a bit stupid ashuashuashuashuashuashuashua

So would there be any way to merge all these .nbt files or the folder into just one .nbt file to work in MCreator?

Can anybody help me?

Previous question (Answered):

Is there somewhere or website where I can download vanilla Minecraft frameworks?

(Example structures: plains villages, taiga villages, etc., all from vanilla Minecraft in general)

(I wanted to edit them, or even use them without editing in some dimensions, just changing the frequency with which they appear)

Edited by joao.mp14 on Tue, 09/26/2023 - 16:48
Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The problem you're having is…
Wed, 09/27/2023 - 15:55

The problem you're having is that a village isn't a single structure; it's upwards of a hundred smaller structures that the game randomly rearranges to create villages. I've seen plenty of datapacks that override the default minecraft structures, (which I generally get using this asset-manager tool). You can get the NBT files and paste them into the save folder of your test client, (in the workspace, under run/saves/generated), and then you should be able to use structure blocks to load them in and save altered versions, which you can then use in a datapack.

As long as they're named identically to the things you want to replace, they should override the vanilla structures. (Though keep in mind that not all vanilla structures are saved this way- older ones, such as the Jungle and Desert temples, are hard coded into the game.)