How do I get rid of flooded caves in custom overworld dimensions?

Started by Saiber Rida on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:08, 17. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I get rid of flooded caves in custom overworld dimensions?

Every cave in the dimension is filled with water, how do I get caves that dont contain water?

Last seen on 05:10, 3. Dec 2023
Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This issue is caused by the…
Tue, 09/26/2023 - 03:42

This issue is caused by the 1.18 aquifers. Any noise cave between around 30 to 60 will be flooded. MCreator's base code for dimensions seems to have the aquifers set up to spread everywhere else as well.

You will have to lock the code, and then modify the dimension json file. The options for "fluid level floodness", "fluid level spread" and the lava/water barrier aquifers. Set the "from value" and the "to value" to larger numbers. This will "stretch" the noise generator, making the aquifers spaced farther apart. You can also play around with the noise cave settings to make them more sparse, and generate more noodle/spaghetti caves(similar to how caves used to be).

Last seen on 00:15, 30. May 2024
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The options for "fluid level…
Fri, 10/27/2023 - 05:30

The options for "fluid level floodness", "fluid level spread" and the lava/water barrier aquifers. Set the "from value" and the "to value" to larger numbers.

Could you please elaborate a bit on what you mean by the "from value" and "to value"? Neither is present for me on any of the fluid options you listed. There are from and to values for the initial and final density, and xz/y scale parameters for the fluids, but after having messed with both nothing seems to have changed the constant "all caves flooded below Y=60" in my custom 1.20.1 dimension.

Last seen on 21:08, 17. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This only applies to aquifer…
Sun, 10/29/2023 - 09:51

This only applies to aquifer water though, not cave water, which is seemingly the same as ocean water, tweaking ocean water has effects on cave water and viceversa. Removing aquifer water is better than nothing, at least it gives you a few weird (weird because it looks like they were blown with TNT) waterless caves, though often not big.