mcreator newest version( anyway to make an observer block)

Started by SkylieTuff on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 22:41, 16. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
mcreator newest version( anyway to make an observer block)

I have two blocks on and off state. I was thinking of have the off look for block behind it up to 2 blocks behind if it was solid, then replace with the on block. Then the on block would just be timed 15 power but also have powering of up to two blocks ahead as well. But no matter what I try I can't figure out how to detect blocks behind the block. The blocks output face is north abd the blocks output face is south. But it's rotatable along with pitch. 

Basically making an observer that detects blocks from two away and outputs a signal two blocks ahead.  I know that observer has a tag called POWERED so I think that tag could be useful somehow. 

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The idea of replacing the…
Wed, 09/27/2023 - 15:18

The idea of replacing the block with a separate 'powered' version of the block should work; as for detecting you should just be able to use 'when neighbor block changes' or 'when block broken' triggers to detect block changes. (Either by checking when the block's neighbors change, or by running a procedure whenever any block is broken that checks if there's a custom observer at the correct position, and then changes the custom observer if there is.)

Last seen on 22:41, 16. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Mindthemoods I tried that…
Wed, 09/27/2023 - 18:45

@Mindthemoods I tried that but unfortunately it only detected right next to the block, even when i said x-3 or x+3 or etc. it is annoying. Oh well.