New villagers and the trade tiers

Started by fenixgalax on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:27, 20. Jul 2024
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
New villagers and the trade tiers

Good day!

Im completely new to this tool and comunity and as such complete beginner with no knowledge in java.

That being said, here is my problem....

what im looking to do is create trade tiers above diamond 

like: novice, iron, gold, emerald, diamond....

and id like to make a new villager proffesions but also dont know what to choose or where to start

id like to atleast make netherite and possibly more....

i saw a section that says create new trade but its only for existing tiers and proffesions

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thank you in advance

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You cannot add a new trade…
Sat, 09/30/2023 - 01:56

You cannot add a new trade tier using MCcreator. It's not impossible, but you would need to code it in manually, and this would likely cause problems. (Also, I wouldn't be entirely sure where to start with this.) Just in general, MCcreator is great for expanding upon existing vanilla systems; but actually altering the basic systems themselves can be quite difficult, especially since the vanilla code usually can't be easily deleted or overridden.

If you really wanted to do something like this in MCcreator, my recommendation would be to create custom villager professions for each of the higher-tier levels of custom trades, using the textures to indicate this, and then swapping them out with the original villagers on entity update tick if a villager reaches a certain trade level. This is a weird workaround, and will likely also cause issues, but might be easier to manage on your end.

Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So ... any links on how to…
Sat, 09/30/2023 - 07:53

So ... any links on how to learn Java ASAP?😅

Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
wait.... would i be able to…
Sat, 09/30/2023 - 09:27

wait.... would i be able to create new system with trades that go above diamond tier?

like i create new mob entity for a villager and make it sell stuff that way?

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Learning Java with no prior…
Sat, 09/30/2023 - 15:33

Learning Java with no prior coding experience is not easy, it's not a very begginer-friendly language. I've been working a bit with C+ for awhile now, but I've been modding way longer, and still only vaguely understand how Java works. It's made a lot more difficult by the fact that a lot of minecraft is closed-source, and you're working with a game that's ten years old... learning a little bit of java may be helpful, (especially since MCcreator and various plugins sometimes break), but in the long run, unless you're really dead set on it, it might be more trouble than it's worth.

My recommendation is you create a new villager profession that's a copy of an existing one, and give that all your higher tier trades. Then, make a procedure that replaces the old villager with the new one if they reach the maximum level, making it seem like there's higher trade levels available. I'm not totally sure how you'd check a level change, (but I assume it's just NBT data.)