User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Inverted/Soul Flora Brainstorming

I can't be the only one for whom this drives me slightly insane:

The green jungle wood is my own making. Otherwise... part of me wants to hope there's an End Update coming this October, along with three nifty new wood types... and maybe this is just contrived, but part of me really, really wants this to work.

If Mojang doesn't get around to it, I may or may not just do the cliche thing and make an End Mod. In addition to some improvements for Chorus Forests/End Wastes, one idea I'm considering is an Inverted Forest- a forest of giant flowering plants, with light blue and purple stems. (To offset the Netherworld's fungus theme- there's plenty of equally cool names for flower anatomy too, when it comes to naming stuff.) The key word here being 'inverted-' the entire forest and all of its flora/inhabitants will primarily grow from the undersides of the islands. 

As for dark blue, I'm considering some sort of Soul Arbor, a vast, overgrown Sculk biome that corrupts islands with gnarled tendrils and towering tree-like structures, filled with all manner of hazards, some sort of end-game challenge to give even the most determined explorer pause. 

I'm pretty settled on these, but thought I might as well ask for miscellaneous plant/mob/enemy ideas, on the offchance Mojang really can't be trusted to get to an End Update. Also curious if anyone else is driven slightly insane by the whole wood thing.