How to properly define the front side of a block with a custom model?

Started by 007_Special on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:18, 16. Oct 2023
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to properly define the front side of a block with a custom model?

Hi everyone! I have a block with a custom model and I want that the front side always faces the player if he places it. To achieve this, I selected Y axis (S/W/N/E) rotation from player side. BUT if I now place the block, the wrong side always faces me. So I tried fixing this by rotating the whole model in blockbench, but this changed nothing. And yes, the correct rotation is absolutley required because like it is now, it is extremely confusing, weird and unintuitive. My question is: Can I somehow "define" the actual front side of a custom model or how do I get it to work as intended? Thank you in advance!

Last seen on 00:26, 24. Feb 2024
Joined Jul 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't know how you would…
Tue, 10/10/2023 - 23:17

I don't know how you would define that, but my thought is if you were able to remap the texture to make whatever side constantly faces the player when placed look like the front? I don't know if that is helpful for your situation but I hope it helps.

Last seen on 15:18, 16. Oct 2023
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for your answer, but…
Wed, 10/11/2023 - 15:17

Thanks for your answer, but I think you did not understand me correctly. The problem is that the model is asymmetrical, so I need to change the front side of the whole model and not only the textures.