tame animation

Started by Inconnu on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:37, 11. Jun 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
tame animation

I know that it is possible to make a mob as a tameable, but is it possible to make a tameable mob play an animation (which I will make) and sit on the floor while the player is standing up?

Last seen on 20:43, 20. Aug 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes, but you'll need a…
Tue, 11/14/2023 - 16:49

Yes, but you'll need a plugin. With Nerdy's Geckolib plugin, you can make custom animations for your entities, and trigger custom animations with procedures. It isn't possible to do much more than very simple animations with MCreator's built in tools.

Nerdy explains how to use this pretty well in his tutorial, but essentially, you need to download a Geckolib plugin for blockbench, (which allows you to design animated entities), and also need to download a geckolib plugin for MCreator. (Which will allow you to load these animated entities in MCreator.) Lastly, when you publish your modification, you'll need to make sure people also download the latest version of Geckolib, (a library mod that lets your custom animations work properly on Forge. It's pretty common, so a lot of people will have it downloaded anyways, just make sure to let people know it's a dependency.)

Last seen on 00:37, 11. Jun 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yeah, thanks a lot, I got it.
Fri, 12/22/2023 - 22:27

Yeah, thanks a lot, I got it.