Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Etecka's Idea Dump

This is just a big list of ideas for MCreator.

Procedure:

• Add a block to easily detect a block in a specific radius without having to use the template, which is hard to understand.
  • Add a enable/disable PVP for a player block (like allow -entity- to build if -true/false- otherwise dont).
  • Add a block to force a player to say something.
  • Add a block like the deal custom damage one but instead make it "Deal -number- custom damage to -entity- localized as -text (thing.thing.thing)- (.player/.item).
Last seen on 00:40, 1. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Good ideas! But a lot of…
Sat, 11/18/2023 - 00:02

Good ideas! But a lot of these can be accomplished already using MCreator's available tools. I agree, it would be nice to have some easier methods of doing stuff, but unless it's a very general tool, I'm usually pretty skeptical. (For example, MCreator for some reason doesn't have a 'remainder' or 'clamp' math function built in, which means you wind up doing complicated division and rounding stuff for the same effect. I would use these as general tools for a lot of more specific scenarios.)

I guess I'd be hesitant to add a lot of very specific tools for things you can do with a few general tools. Also just keep in mind Devs basically never read random idea lists; it's easier to suggest things individually, otherwise it's hard to discuss/pick out one idea from a list!

Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Huh. Ya learn something new…
Sat, 11/18/2023 - 20:20

Huh. Ya learn something new every day. Thanks @Klemen!

Last seen on 01:48, 2. May 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm back with more ideas!…
Sun, 11/19/2023 - 01:58

I'm back with more ideas!

Generators:

• Add built in Fabric and QuiltMC generators because it's hard to find one that actually supports everything.

Procedures:

• Add a way to change the text of text labels instead of having to use text input.

Animation Creator:

• Make it so you can just draw textures inside the animation creator instead of having to import a texture.
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh also! Math: Make it so…
Sun, 11/19/2023 - 01:59

Oh also!

Math:

• Make it so you can do math operations with fractions and percentages.
Add built in Fabric and…
Sun, 11/19/2023 - 15:15
  • Add built in Fabric and QuiltMC generators because it's hard to find one that actually supports everything.

This is exactly why they are plugins. It is impossible for this free project to support all this and people working on this in their free time to support all those platforms in the core.

Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yeah I know, but can you…
Sun, 11/19/2023 - 22:26

Yeah I know, but can you please do the QuiltMC one, I can't find a single plugin that is a QuiltMC generator.

Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh also I came up with…
Sun, 11/19/2023 - 22:30

Oh also I came up with another idea.

Armor Creator:

• Can we please add like maybe a second option to the color value because sometimes when I try to make armor I'm looking for a specific design and the one color option just doesn't cover that.
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also, this might just be me,…
Sun, 11/19/2023 - 22:37

Also, this might just be me, but, I'm not trying to be like "DO THIS!" or "DO THAT!", I'm just trying to suggest ideas.

Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It's totally fine to suggest…
Sun, 11/19/2023 - 22:44

It's totally fine to suggest ideas! Just saying you're more likely to get responses when you're more specific/suggest one thing at a time; covering multiple topics in one thread makes it hard to discuss them individually. And yes, keep in mind MCreator is a volunteer platform, they've gotta prioritize. = )

As for specific armor colors and designs, you'd probably want to make/import textures from an external program like MSPaint or Pixilart, (they're both free to use.) MCreator's built in image editor is good for small tweaks, but not the greatest for making stuff from scratch, especially if you want to do animations/more complex patterns. You can also use tools like MCAsset if you want to use vanilla textures as templates.