Visual Fire Bug? Or is daytime just really confused?

Started by MinerB4Gaming on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 07:39, 5. Dec 2023
Joined Mar 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Visual Fire Bug? Or is daytime just really confused?
Tue, 12/05/2023 - 07:19 (edited)

if the target can see the sky, and the world is in daytime, and the weather is clear, bestow upon thy unholy entity thy flames of solar rampage.
This code is the OnEffectActiveTick procedure for the "Plague" effect. When I'm talking about rules I mean that set of if do statements.

Zombie-Noor is catching on fire on a clear night, but the effect is visual and unintended.
This fire is not causing damage, but this fire shouldn't even be here to begin with. It's nighttime and that's the second rule broken. (I say broken, but I just mean that it returns false)

So why does the rain stop the fire effect when it's already nighttime? It makes sense, but why didn't nighttime alone stop this?

This scenario also makes sense, the entire thing gets stopped at the last rule because now it is daytime.

And when it stops rainin- OH GOD I'M ON FIRE.

This breaks the first rule, which stops everything else.

I didn't really see any posts about this issue, lemme know if there are some I couldn't find though.

Edited by MinerB4Gaming on Tue, 12/05/2023 - 07:19
Daytime procedure only…
Tue, 12/05/2023 - 16:10

Daytime procedure only returns the correct value on server-side which may cause problems when used for visual things on the client-side