How to update mod to 1.20.2?

Started by TommyNightmare on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:24, 11. Dec 2023
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to update mod to 1.20.2?

Good day. I am making ultra simple mod with 4 recipes. Nothing new, just ingame items. But I am currently playing on 1.20.2, and my mod is only 1.20.1. Am I missing smth? Can I somehow make mod that work on current version?

Mod adds recipies: leather armor to leather 

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You might be better off…
Mon, 12/11/2023 - 11:57

You might be better off making this as a datapack. If you're just adding recipes, you should be able to obtain the same result, and datapacks are both easier to manage and easier to update.

As for mods in general, if MCreator supports a version, you can go to your 'workspace settings' within the workspace, look for the part that says '1.20 generator,' and change it to the new version. However, keep in mind:

• This refactors the entire workspace, so it might take a bit. Also, once you've updated, it's very difficult to backdate, so it's a good idea to make a backup first. (I think the later versions of MCreator do this automatically, but still doesn't hurt to be careful.) 
  • Some features may change or need to be regenerated- for example, the latest snapshots of MCreator make projectiles and ranged items seperate elements, and MCreator might not perfectly transfer everything.
  • ...And lastly, I'm not totally sure 1.20.2 is supported. They currently support 1.20.1, and I believe the latest snapshots are for 1.20.3, but I'd have to double check. They're a volunteer team, so they've mostly gotta focus on the stable versions.
Last seen on 19:24, 11. Dec 2023
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thx for answer, tried to…
Mon, 12/11/2023 - 12:05

Thx for answer, tried to make as data pack, but it doesn’t work for me. Just doesn’t work. I checked everything, and it’s just 1.20.1 version supported sadly.. maybe there are other resources where I can just update already finished mod? Cuz my mod works absolutely fine on 1.20.1