How can i make a crop drop more items when it's placed on my farmland?

Started by Scoru on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:23, 1. Jan 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How can i make a crop drop more items when it's placed on my farmland?

So i'm making a mod that adds a fertile soil block, i already made it (dry and wet variations). I looked around for similar ideas and all i could find were blocks that speed up the growth process of the crop above, while usefull, that's not what i want my block to do. I would like that when my farmland is moist and a fully grown crop is broken on top of it, it applies a fortune-like effect on the crop, multiplying the drop. Is there a way to do it? I asked around for something and all i got is a Dynamic Loot Modification tutorial, but it's outside of mcreator

Last seen on 10:53, 8. Jul 2024
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Unsure this can be done with…
Mon, 01/01/2024 - 14:20

Unsure this can be done with Loot Tables - perhaps there is a way - tho one method that immediately comes to mind is making a procedure that, upon breaking the crop, checks whether it (the crop) has been planted on your wet soil (essentially, checks the block immediately below the crop) and then spawns multiple items (the crop's drops).

I can provide some screenshots if you're having trouble, tho I can't guarantee they would work immediately since I'm not that good with procedures.