How to damage mobs through armor?

Started by BlackCatGamer64 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 08:18, 26. Jul 2024
Joined Sep 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to damage mobs through armor?

Hi, I know this used to be possible before they changed how damage sources work, but now I can't figure out how to do it.

I have a set of weapons (part of a tag) which deal Magic damage instead of regular damage. This means that the damage should go through armor, and it did on earlier versions of MCreator (with help from Additions plugin). But on 2023.4, even using the outdated Additions plugin, I cannot get the new "deal damage" procedure block to deal damage through armor, even if the damage source is set to MAGIC (which normally goes through armor).

I have been testing the sword, which does 6 damage, on a skeleton with full (un-enchanted) diamond armor. This means it should take 4 hits to kill, but instead it takes more like 13, so the armor must be having an effect.

The Additions plugin has this "add tag [BYPASS_ARMOR] to damage source" block which worked on previous MCreator versions, but sadly no longer works. Does anyone know how to deal damage through armor in the latest version, or will MCreator have to add a procedure block like this one for it to work?

Last seen on 08:18, 26. Jul 2024
Joined Sep 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok, I got it to work, but I…
Fri, 01/26/2024 - 17:10

Ok, I got it to work, but I am unsure why it now works and didn't before (I updated the google doc with another image).