How to make a smeltery

Started by Kaishi_130 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:18, 23. Feb 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make a smeltery

I'm trying to make a smeltery to combine multiple items together (like a crafting table) while melting them together at the same time (a furnace combined with a crafting table) and I don't know how to do that

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well, it really depends on…
Sat, 01/27/2024 - 13:09

Well, it really depends on how specifically you want it to work. The basic idea would be something like this:

• Make a custom GUI with two input slots and one output slot.
  • On the GUI's update tick trigger, check the items in the two input slots. If they are the components for a recipe, set the resulting item in the output slot. If not, set air in the output slot.
  • Whenever an item is taken from the output slot, remove one item from each input slot. (And possibly play a cool sound effect.)

If you want it to have a progress bar, (like the furnace), that's a little bit trickier, but not impossible. (The basic idea is that you give your block an NBT number tag that counts up, consuming the fuel and ingredients to make the product once it reaches a certain point, and use some additional image overlays for the progress bar.)

Last seen on 18:18, 23. Feb 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i'm watching some tutorials…
Sat, 01/27/2024 - 20:16

i'm watching some tutorials and my idea is that I want a furnace with one fuel slot and four item slots but I don't know how to manage that