[SOLVED, somewhat..] I need help with my mod's files compiling and it being corrupted within the gradle

Started by Killer1X2 on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 08:27, 26. Apr 2024
Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[SOLVED, somewhat..] I need help with my mod's files compiling and it being corrupted within the gradle
Wed, 03/06/2024 - 07:09 (edited)

I know many people have made the same post and I've checked them out down to the last forum, I found some that could work but won't, I've tried removing my cache from the gradle or the gradle folder itself, but none works. I tried restarting MCreator and such but it doesn't work, to be honest I don't really know what's going on, this has happened to some of my mods but I do not know what really, the APIs I use are: Geckolib, Curios API, and playerAnimator APIs if that will help. My mc version is 1.19.4, java is 17. I have tried other things such as the build & run -> regenerate or build gradle and stuff like that but it doesn't work too, I'm not sure why, I'm afraid I might lose everything I've worked on the past 6 months and that would be a disaster, I can't imagine what would happen after that and I can't let this mod I'm working on go down to ashes just like my other mods. If anyone needs information about this or anything, questions, software version, things related to MCreator then I would gladly provide, I'm not sure what has happened tho.

1 more, It happened after adding a 2 geckolib entities, 2 entity tags, adding a effect, and a geckolib item. I've checked the workspace folder itself to delete some extra files but found absolutely none other than 1 I do not need. That's basically all the information I can gather right now. Other than everything I've stated, I didn't do anything else.

If you could help I would be really glad!

EDIT: This was solved by updating the mod using 2023.4, It was successful but now, my blocks are the problem. It's having errors even when I rebuild it and such or regenerate, I even tried editing or making a new block to see but it was all the same. I'm not sure what's going on wrong but if possible I'd like help for this one too.

Edited by Killer1X2 on Wed, 03/06/2024 - 07:09
Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This is what I mostly get by…
Wed, 02/07/2024 - 10:20

This is what I mostly get by the way:

Executing Gradle task: build
Build info: MCreator 2023.2.24119, forge-1.19.4, 64-bit, 16384 MB, Mac OS X, JVM 17.0.5, JAVA_HOME: /Volumes/MCreator 2023.2/MCreator.app/Contents/jdk.bundle/Contents/Home, started on: 2024-02-07-18:19:29

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* Where:
Build file '/Users/williamalexanderusiklippe/MCreatorWorkspaces/terrariacalamitymod/build.gradle' line: 11
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating root project 'terrariacalamitymod'.
> Failed to apply plugin 'net.minecraftforge.gradle'.
> Found Gradle version Gradle 8.1.1. Versions Gradle 8.0 and newer are not supported.
Use ForgeGradle 6 or newer for Gradle 8.0+ support.
* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.
* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
BUILD FAILED in 303ms

BUILD FAILED
Task completed in less than a second

Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What is a global gradle?
Thu, 02/08/2024 - 08:23

What is a global gradle?

Last seen on 07:27, 9. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This may be a result of…
Thu, 02/08/2024 - 09:56

This may be a result of certain elements in your mod not compiling due to there being a reference to a deleted element. 

In effect, if you have deleted any elements, there may be other elements that have mentions of the original deleted element. You can solve this by deleting the elements that reference the original. (If you do, ensure that these elements aren't refenced by any other elements to prevent a chain reaction.

Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks, I'll check that…
Thu, 02/08/2024 - 09:57

Thanks, I'll check that right now

Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hmmmm, I know this will be…
Sun, 02/11/2024 - 05:13

Hmmmm, I know this will be pretty dumb but I'd like to ask if theres a way to find the cause or what's trying to find the deleted element. I tried checking most procedures and such but I can't seem to find it. Also tried remembering the last thing I've deleted but I'm not sure... If there's a way to find the element doing this could you please tell me? If not then I'll find it manually...

Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Klemen, I just updated the…
Wed, 03/06/2024 - 07:11

@Klemen, I just updated the mod's workspace to 2023.4 and it was successfully updated there, it's just now, all the blocks have errors. I'm not sure why and how but if you need something regarding the workspace then just ask me.

Is this possible to fix or no..?

Thanks