MCreator 2023.4: Regenerate Code Errors upon running client. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Started by xavier23 on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 23:21, 21. Apr 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
MCreator 2023.4: Regenerate Code Errors upon running client. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Hello there! I am working on a mod that adds various new features to Minecraft, and I have been working on this mod since July and August of 2023. Until suddenly, I updated my mod to version 2023.4, and then began to show errors that say, "One or more of your mod files didn't compile properly," asking me to regenerate the mod's code to resolve this issue. 

When I tried to regenerate my code as MCreator recommended me to do, the error strenuously continued to show up...Over, and over again. Next, it began to show this error on all 256 of my mod features (which was mostly coding procedures) and began to delete every single one of them. (In addition to this, the Gradle console appears to become red, and red icons appear near most of my mod features.)  

Frustrated, I urged myself to restart my mod from scratch on the same version, and this error began to show up, despite there only being one feature in this mod. It was now January 2024, and I restarted the mod in MCreator version 2023.3; oddly, no problems began to surface. Then, around mid-February, another bug occurred (This bug caused Minecraft to crash upon Forge loading). 

Horror-Stricken, I began to panic, and I updated my mod back to version 2023.4. Regrettably, the original "Regenerate Code" error resurfaced; Not only that, but I do also not know how to downgrade my mod back to 2023.3. 

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I barely know anything about coding; I am a novice, yet I don't want my mod to be annihilated for a second time. I only have 52 features, and I do not anticipate losing my progress again.

Please help me! Thank you for your kindness and have an exquisite day.

began to delete every single…
Sun, 02/25/2024 - 17:27

began to delete every single one of them

It only deletes if you select option to delete them.

downgrade my mod back to 2023.3. 

That is normal. Downgrading is not possible, but you can use zip backups in workspace folder/.mcreator to go back if you don't have own backup strategy

If caches corrupt multiple times, consider adding AV exception and reading https://mcreator.net/wiki/gradle-setup-errors

Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you very much! Do you…
Sun, 02/25/2024 - 19:44

Thank you very much! Do you know how I can use these .zip backup files you mentioned to reload my mod? Or is there a way I can reload these files in older versions, (such as MCreator 2023.3?) If not, is there a newer version that mends this "Regenerate Code Error" bug completely? Thanks for your help.

Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(Edit:) I've heard quite a…
Sun, 02/25/2024 - 19:51

(Edit:) I've heard quite a bit about plugins such as Geckolib causing this issue, but it appears that I have Plugins disabled, and therefore only base plugins appear in my MCreator "Plugins" folder. Also, another common cause that I've heard is "Antivirus and Firewall software." I am unsure if this is the primary cause, as the main antivirus I am using is Norton antivirus, and it flags MCreator as "Safe" or "Harmless."

You can import these ZIP…
Mon, 02/26/2024 - 16:54

You can import these ZIP files from the start screen.

Regarding plugins, bear in mind that their presence at most can already break things

I am unsure if this is the primary cause, as the main antivirus

It is not this, but the fact Gradle writes to a lot of files and antivirus can really slowdown this process, to a point things start to break during the build process