Replacing a modded entity with a different one after a certain amount of time has passed.

Started by Puglord123 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:01, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Replacing a modded entity with a different one after a certain amount of time has passed.

Hello, I am trying to make growth stages for creatures in my mod, and the only idea i have figured out is to make separate entities for each growth stage, however I can't make it so that the entities change to the next growth stage where they are. Pretty much, the next growth stage spawns where the previous was originally spawned.

Last seen on 10:05, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Aug 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
something like this i would…
Mon, 02/26/2024 - 23:13

something like this i would assume? you would put this under "on entity tick update" in triggers. though with the nature of the random block, that means it has a 1/100 chance every tick to go to the next stage, which would be kind of fast. you could also use the "wait __ ticks then on server" block in place of the random block, and then use the random integer block in place of the number of ticks to slow it down however much you need

Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The issue is that I can’t…
Tue, 02/27/2024 - 13:46

The issue is that I can’t find the “Spawn entity” block, I just find a version with a lot of extra parameters

Last seen on 10:05, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Aug 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
it should be under world…
Wed, 02/28/2024 - 00:15

it should be under world procedure actions

Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
As I expected, this has the…
Wed, 02/28/2024 - 13:20

As I expected, this has the same issue as I was experiencing. The next growth stage spawns where the last one did.