Plugins that should exist (and should be in main game)

Started by Real_bizzy on

Topic category: General discussion

Last seen on 10:45, 27. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Plugins that should exist (and should be in main game)

So I have a LOT of ideas for plugins and they should also be in the main version of MCreator too, they would save lots of time.

• Custom Pottery Sherds 

It would just be nice if there were custom pottery sherds for loot.

• Custom Village Houses

Using Structure blocks and stuff, maybe custom village houses would be nice.

• Custom Villager Professions

It would be great if there were custom villager professions with custom trades and levels!

• Better Enchants

A better way to make enchants, I have an enchant I want to make that when it's applied to a weapon the enemy will get slowness and weakness, I had to manually put the procedure on the weapons and make it weapons exclusive so only the 2 weapons I chose can use them, in short terms make procedures for enchants.

• Making Custom Crafting Tables

Now, this might be possible with the help of JEI but I don't want another API, I want it that you can customise how much slots it has (input and outpout), what table its based off and this is optional, tables that can only be used with specific items.

• A way to make forge mods work with neoforge and fabric with quilt

Now this would be hard, so its acceptable if you can't make this but it would just make mods more popular if they can be used with other modloaders more easier, it would take so long to recreate each element and put them in the new modloader, especially for big mods.

Thanks for reading! Hope you guys can make some of these plugins or if your an MCreator dev you can put it in the main version!

Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have new ideas, here they…
Thu, 03/28/2024 - 22:54

I have new ideas, here they are:

• World Edit while testing

So when your testing your mod building structures and it's really big it would be annoying building by hand so world edit would be nice

• More types of blocks

it would be nice to have more types of blocks like cakes, when you click on it you eat it!

That's all! May update later

Last seen on 23:17, 26. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Not trying to be rude at all…
Fri, 03/29/2024 - 00:04

Not trying to be rude at all, but I just want to let you know that a lot of these are already implemented actually, or possible with some workarounds or semi-complex and long procedures.

Custom pottery sherds and villager houses would be nice if they were added, there may be a workaround to get villager houses, but there is currently no good way to do these, and they would be useful features.

Custom villager professions are already fully implemented in base MCreator, no workarounds or plugins required.

For better enchantments, it is possible if you use global procedure triggers rather than ones tied to specific items, there should be lots of information on global procedures for enchantments already on the forums.

For custom crafting tables, there are semi-complex procedure-based ways to do this already, and the JEI plugin does allow for simpler creation(APIs are extremely common in modding), I would again recommend searching through the forums for this. Although it would be nice if there was a simple built-in way for this.

The idea about cross-modloader compatibility could be useful, but as you said, it would likely be hard or impossible for the developers.

There is a workaround for world edit support, where you can add your mod into the files of a compatible external modpack that has world edit or some other building tools, you can then import structure block structures from worlds in that modpack, although you might need to do some file searching to find it.

As for more types of blocks, it is possible with multiple models, procedures, and blockstates, but I am not familiar enough with the most recent version of MCreator to say whether or not it can be done without custom display code.

Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Catnip, firstly, you were…
Fri, 03/29/2024 - 07:07

Catnip, firstly, you were not being rude at all, you were being a big help, thanks for the tips and tricks! You really helped!

Last seen on 08:13, 15. Apr 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
blockstates currently do not…
Fri, 03/29/2024 - 08:26

blockstates currently do not exist (iirc) but there is a plugin for it, just search it up on the plugins page and you'll find it

Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
im currently trying to find…
Fri, 03/29/2024 - 09:24

im currently trying to find a way to detect if an item is enchanted so i can make my custom enchant

(using procedure blocks) i kinda need help

Last seen on 10:39, 27. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Villager Professions…
Fri, 03/29/2024 - 09:51
  • Custom Villager Professions

It would be great if there were custom villager professions with custom trades and levels!

This has already been implemented with MCreator 2023.2. But your other ideas are very good, I noted them on my MCreator Feature list. :D

Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ok thanks atten007! if…
Fri, 03/29/2024 - 10:14

ok thanks atten007! if nobody helps me in a bit with my procedure detecting enchants thing ill just make a fourm post for it

Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hmm, weird I seem to not…
Fri, 03/29/2024 - 10:25

Hmm, weird I seem to not find the villager profession element, im using fabric 2023.4 if thats a prob

Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
oh ye i just checked fabric…
Sat, 03/30/2024 - 09:28

oh ye i just checked fabric doesnt have custom villager professions for some reason so they should get added

Last seen on 12:13, 27. Apr 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
My JEI plugin does not make…
Sat, 03/30/2024 - 09:34

My JEI plugin does not make JEI a dependency, you can make your recipes and your mod will not require JEI, it just shows your mod's recipes in JEI if it is loaded.

Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nerdy as i said before im…
Sun, 03/31/2024 - 07:33

Nerdy as i said before im using fabric, your JEI is forge as i last checked!

Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh and new idea! Origins…
Sun, 03/31/2024 - 07:34

Oh and new idea!

• Origins mod API support

The origins mod is really popular so it should have an API support where you can make your own origin and stuff, should be avaliable for fabric and forge

Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
just a reminder to anyone u…
Thu, 04/25/2024 - 00:06

just a reminder to anyone u can use these!