User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Error Downloading Assets When Initializing Workspace
Tue, 04/02/2024 - 08:45 (edited)

So, the day before yesterday, I downloaded the latest version of MCreator. I managed to install it and even create a workspace. But during the initial setup of the workspace, it fails as it can't download particular Minecraft assets, though others have been downloaded successfully. I've tried it multiple times, even tries deleting the MCreator gradle folder. Nothing helps. Other assets download and others fail. On one run, I remember seeing an error indicating resources.[I think Minecraft].net couldn't be resolved. Unfortunately, I can't paste the error log as I'd then have to rerun it and it takes quite a while to execute and I don't exactly have time at the moment. I will update with the error code when I can. And before you tell me it might be an issue with my internet, it's not as other assets from the same domain are downloading alright.

Please, someone help me. I have no freaking idea what to do. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.

Edited by JuancarlosKaiShiro on Tue, 04/02/2024 - 08:45
Last seen on 16:14, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Alright. So, I've been able…
Wed, 04/03/2024 - 06:59

Alright. So, I've been able to get to a solution. The problem seems to be that the downloading of some larger resources times out (even with the timeout removed from the wrapper configuration since that's just for the gradle download). So, instead. I downloaded the remaining resources through Legacy Launcher, which doesn't have a timeout, and now everything has downloaded successfully. Now the dowanloadAssets task is completed successfully.

To anyone having the same issue, you can try that.