Procedure not working the way i hoped and need help.

Started by nilek20 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:02, 28. Apr 2024
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Procedure not working the way i hoped and need help.
Wed, 04/17/2024 - 04:08 (edited)

I am making a production block that has three GUI's. In these GUI's, i made buttons so you can cycle between the three GUI's. I made a procedure that i thought would "move" the items in the slots of the GUI's to the new GUI when you cycle between them. Below are one of the GUI's (they are almost identical except for the text and i will have them doing different Production methods) and the procedure to change to the next GUI in the cycle. When i tried this in a test world, the items just disappear instead of being "moved" to the new GUI. if anyone knows why this is or how to fix it i would appreciate the feedback.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ZGxCmrJz7XK87mxFDTz_H71-r4qCvD3/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pxhFV_R8Y7ZxzGNSYB0zObG6orPsLA8Y/view?usp=sharing

Edited by nilek20 on Wed, 04/17/2024 - 04:08
Last seen on 13:54, 28. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There is probably a way to…
Wed, 04/17/2024 - 20:10

There is probably a way to do this, but I think you're making it more complicated than it needs to be. If the only difference is text and procedures, you can give the block an NBT state to keep track of its current mode, and then make the text a variable that's based on the NBT tag. (You could also display images or change slot behavior based on a tag.) Then you won't have to worry about item transferring. 

(You might also be able to add storage slots to the block, but I'm not sure there's a good way to bind said slots to multiple GUIs.)

Last seen on 18:02, 28. Apr 2024
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you for the feed back…
Thu, 04/18/2024 - 18:18

Thank you for the feed back. Your method sounds much easier. Not sure why i did not think of that.