How to make player actually invisible to players and mobs whith his armor

Started by TDO on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:29, 3. May 2024
Joined Dec 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make player actually invisible to players and mobs whith his armor

I already posted this forum topic on "Help with Mcreator software" but as there is no way to change the category where a topic is and I didn't get any responses, i post this on a topic that would be more fitting.

I wanna make a hunter armor, which turns the player invisible when sneaking. However, the invisibility potion effect only hides body parts, and not armor, so the player is visible to mobs and players. I wanna make it so that you can become actually invisible while still wearing the armor.

I also wanna make him able to walk faster while sneaking, but this isn't doable via the speed effect, as it only works if ur running and not sneaking.

So, if you know how I could do that, please help me out.

Last seen on 19:22, 1. May 2024
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think the only way you…
Sun, 04/21/2024 - 19:37

I think the only way you could do this is by saving the players armour to a variable, and when you want them to be invisible, delete the armour, and give them invisibility. When they are no longer sneaking, give them the armour back. The only problem would be would take more damage without their armour, so you could maybe give them resistance. I'm not sure about this, but to make them move faster while sneaking, you could maybe do something with the override movement block?

Joined Dec 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@AwesomeCoderDude thanks a…
Wed, 05/01/2024 - 18:28

@AwesomeCoderDude thanks a lot dude.

Joined Dec 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@AwesomeCoderDude wait…
Thu, 05/02/2024 - 10:30

@AwesomeCoderDude wait... how can i then assure that the player doesn't put another armor on while he is sneaking?